10 AUG | 30 APR
Have you ever thought of serving the elderly in need in the neighboring community with the talents and gifts you have? In Hong Kong today, more than 120,000 elderly who are aged 65 or above live alone and many of them are socially inactive due to multiple reasons including physical and mental health conditions. Here in the Student Residence Hall, we have a burden to serve the community and we would like to partner with you all in making a difference.
- Sept 2018 - Apr 2019
- Application Deadline
- 20 January 2019 (Sunday)
31 AUG | 27 APR
Virtual reality (VR) provides new ways for people to interact with information and media. The Learning Commons offers a VR Room for students to gain immeasurably experience from the enhanced information delivery in three-dimensional and VR digital formats. It is equipped with the two major current VR platforms, the Steam and the HTC Viveport. There are many applications available to enhance students’ learning initiative and experience.
10 OCT | 02 JUN
Would you like to experience green and sustainable living in Scandinavia? Would you like to learn how green initiatives could be implemented into everyday life, from the infrastructure and system, city planning, government policy to culture and lifestyle? Join Green Quest overseas Green and Cultural Experiential Tour to Denmark and Sweden now! Green Quest is open to all HKBU students. It includes seminar series (in February to March 2019) and overseas experiential tour (20 May 2019 – 2 June 2019).
- Oct 2018 - Oct 2019
- Part 1 - The Green Foundation
- Seminar Series and Training (February 2019 - April 2019)
- Part 2 - The Green Journey
- Overseas Green and Cultural Experiential Tour (20 May 2019 – 2 June 2019)
- Part 3 - The Green Giving
- Sharing Session (October 2019)
08 FEB | 30 MAR
Mainland Student Services
02 MAR | 07 APR
Service-Learning | Social Services
14 MAR | 30 NOV
14 MAR | 06 JUL
25 MAR | 29 MAR
28 FEB | 15 MAR
The Undergraduate Halls believe GREEN is a living style in striving for balance and aiming for sustainability. Through seminar series on topics like Green Living, Sustainability and Urban Planning by professional speakers, students will gain deeper understanding to the global challenges and how green and sustainability could be better implemented in Hong Kong and at HKBU.
Students from all study majors are welcomed!
- Seminar 1
- Green Urban Design and Sustainable Lifestyle in our Next Generation New Town
- Seminar 2
- Green Ladies & Green Little: Our Green Journey on eco-shopping
- Seminar 3
- What make a city livable, with examples from local and overseas
- Time, Venue
- 19:30-21:00, G9 Undergraduate Halls
- Application Deadline
- 22 Feb (Seminar 1), 1 Mar (Seminar 2) and 8 Mar (Seminar 3)