Voluntary Tuition in Secondary Schools
Launched in 2011, Project WeCan (WeCan) is a Business-in-Community initiative providing students who are disadvantaged in learning with opportunities and care to empower them for pursuing higher studies and future careers.
Through diversified programmes, WeCan strives to:
- Enhance students’ communication skills and basic competence
- Increase their exposure
- Cultivate their character and develop their common sense
- Foster their innovativeness and creativity
HKBU has joined the Preject WeCan Network in 2016. Seventeen students were recruited to provide voluntary tutoring at a nearby secondary school. Last year, students from the secondary schools were invited to visit the BU campuses at Kowloon Tong and Shek Mun, to learn about the prospect in higher education.
This year in 2017-18, we couple with 2 secondary schools to provide after-school tutoring for their students. We are loking for voluntary tutors who are:
- Full-time HKBU students (final year students and full-time CIE students are also welcome);
- Patient with youngster, motivated, committed and have a sense of responsibility;
- Willing to contributetheir spare time (about hours per school week);
- Enthusiastic, steadfast, and have good communication skills, etc.;
- Cantonese speaking is preferred.
|Secondary School||Details of voluntary tutoring|
(Address: 157 Lung Cheung Road, Wong Tai Sin, Kowloon)
(Address: 51 Shing Tak Street, Ma Tau Wai, Kowloon)
The recruitment of volunteers for the first semester (mid-September to early-December) is now open. Please fill in the online form to enrol.
We welcome volunteer all year round.