Become a Cantonese Peer Tutor
06 JUN 2022 | 24 JUN 2022
- Become a Cantonese Peer Tutor
Join us if you are a HKBU undergraduate student and:
- A native Cantonese speaker; OR
- Not a native Cantonese speaker, but you
- have completed a professional Cantonese course (please specify the programme title, institute and completion year, etc.), and
- can communicate in Cantonese fluently.
* Priority will be given to candidates who have relevant teaching experience.
Responsibilities of Peer Tutors
- Attend the training to learn the skills of teaching Cantonese before the commencement of programme.
- Deliver four Cantonese lessons according the teaching materials provided in Phase 1.
- Design Cantonese learning activities and lead the Mainland Tutees to learn Cantonese outside classroom in Phase 2.
- Submit learning report after each semester.
Interview and training
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. Selection panel members include the Lecturer of Chinese Section of Language Centre and the Team Leader of Mainland Student Services Unit. Selected candidates are required to attend the training before they serve as Cantonese Peer Tutors.
Online interview date:
4-6 July 2022
Online training date and time:
26-27 July 2021 2:30-4:00pm
Remuneration and certificate
- Remuneration for Peer Tutors
- “Cantonese Peer Tutoring Programme” Service Certificate issued by Language Centre
Please submit an online application form on or before 24 June 2022 through this webpage.