Wofoo Civic Leadership Programme (WCLP)
“Beautiful Sichuan” - A Service-Learning and Cultural Study Experience
ELIGIBILITYAll HKBU Full-time Students. (Preference will be given to students in UGC-funded undergraduate programmes.)
FEE（FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS）
- Deposit shall be refunded to participants without interest upon completion of the programme satisfactorily.
- The programme is sponsored by “Wofoo Foundation” and “Mainland Experience Scheme for Post-secondary Students (MES)”. Programme fee is calculated after deduction of eligible subsidies.
- If applicable, each accepted applicant will be matched for suitable subsidy automatically. i.e. MES subsidy is assumed. Students should inform the Office of Student Affairs if they do not wish to use their MES quota for this programme.
- Amount of subsidy will be confirmed when acceptance to the programme is given to each applicant.
- Application deadline: 23/9/2018 (Sun), 5:00pm (online application will be started on 4/9/2018)
- Application should be submitted online at https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/portal/lqc/forms/wclp2018s1.php
- If necessary, applicant will be invited for an interview between 26/9/2018 (Wed) and 28/9/2018 (Fri).
- Result will be announced by 5/10/2018 (Fri).
Part 1: Workshops and Trainings (From OCTOBER TO NOVEMBER 2018)
|Date / Time / Venue||Content|
18:30 – 21:30;
Ice-breaking and introduction of the programme.
09:00 – 17:00;
Breakthrough Youth Village
High event challenge. To build trust between participants and to set the personal goal in the programme.
|Receiving Students and Teachers from Sichuan Secondary School
Interact and exchange with students and teachers from Sichaun, also to introduce to them the culture of Hong Kong.
To further enhance participants’ team-working skills and to prepare for the trip..
|Overnight Camp for Mentoring Skills Training
Training for mentoring skills with local secondary students. Preparing for the services and activities to be held during the trip.
Part 2: Study Trip
（Pre-trip briefing on 22/12/2018, 10:00-13:00, WLB109 )
Date: 24/12/2018 - 31/12/2018 (8 days)
Destination: Sichuan Province, Mainland China
|Day 1||Hong Kong - > Sichuan. Activities with Sichuan students and teachers.|
Exchange and workshopsIntangible cultural and art experience.
Activities with local school teachers and students
Interviewing and exchange with local peopleSight-seeing, museum visit..
Voluntary teaching in rural village schools
Voluntary teaching in rural village schoolsSight-seeing
City walk, sharing session. Back to HK
Part 3: Post-trip/ Local Advocacy
25/1/201918:30 - 21:30; AAB301-2
|Reunion & sharing after the tour.|
Between 25/2/2019 & 1/3/2019
AdvocacyTo share the learning and experience from the tour. For example, exhibition, sharing sessions.
Part 4: Evaluation and Reporting
- Most of the local activities will be conducted in Chinese.
- Programmes details are translated into English for reference only. Please reference to the Chinese version as final if there is any discrepancy between the English version and Chinese version.
As a leader of tomorrow, University student should not only be equipped with leading skills, but also to possess in-depth knowledge, positive values, be responsible, and be willing to give and actively engage to the community.
Understanding and caring is the paramount of responsibility. Through experiential learning, i.e. concrete experience, reflective observation, abstract conceptualization and active experimentation, students would enhance their knowledge and skills which they can utilize and transform into actions for the common good of the society. Moreover, their personal values would be established.
This programme embarks multi-dimensional understanding of Hong Kong’s current affairs, Government policies and social development, as well as her interaction between Mainland China and surrounding regions, from historical, sociological, cultural, political and economic perspectives. It also encourages critical thinking and self-reflection, in order to nurture responsible young leader with rational and critical mindset, creativity and positive values..
- To raise students’ civic awareness and their interest to current affairs and social policy
- To encourage students to think in multi-dimension and critical ways to build up personal values
- To build sense of belonging through understanding in the current development of Hong Kong
- To encourage students in taking up role and responsibility of a civic leader and be actively engaged to the community
- To nurture responsible citizenship, thus building a harmonious society
- Inner Mongolia Cultural Study Tour 2016/05 (內蒙古文化考察團 2016/05) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Xiamen and Kinmen Cultural Study Trip 2015/04 (廈門金門歷史文化考察團 2015/04) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Yunnan Cultural Study Trip 2015/04 (【彩雲之約】雲南納西族文化考察團 2015/01) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Yunnan Cultural Exchange and Study Trip 2014/05 (【雲嶺之南】雲南文化考察及交流團 2014/05) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Xiamen and Kinmen Cultural Study Trip 2014/04 (廈門金門歷史文化考察團 2014/04) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Hubei Elderly Service and Exchange Trip 2013/05 (湖北長者服務交流考察團 2013/05) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Fujian Study and Service Trip 2012/12 (福建服務考察團 2012/12) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Qinghai Study and Service Trip 2012/04 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 青海社會服務考察團 2012/04) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Jiangxi Study Trip 2011/06 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 江西考察服務團 2011/06) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Taiwan Study Trip 2010/05 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 台灣考察團 2010/05) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Shanxi Study Trip 2009/12 ( 「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 山西考察團 2009/12) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Shangdong Study Trip 2009/05 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 齊魯文化考察團 2009/05) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Taiwan Study Trip 2008/12 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 台灣考察團 2008/12) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Inner Mongolia Study Trip 2008/06 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 內蒙考察團 2008/06) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Chongqing and the Three Gorges Study Trip 2008/01 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 重慶及長江三峽考察團 2008/01) (pdf)) **Chinese version
- Qinghai Study and Service Trip 2007 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 青海社會服務考察團 2007) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Xian Study Trip 2006 ( 「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 西安考察團 2006) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Shanghai Study Trip 2006 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 上海考察團 2006) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Nanjing Study Trip 2006 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 南京考察團 2006) (pdf) **Chinese version
- Beijing Study Trip2005 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 首都考察團 2005) (html) **Chinese version
- Kong Kong and Shenzhen Study Trip 2005 (「港政」「國情」研習之旅-- 港粵深考察團 2005) (html) **Chinese version
It was the responsibility of us, the organising committee team, to guarantee the safety of all participants and to make the best possible arrangement for the study tour. It was the most rewarding for us to see the participants' eagerness to explore the Inner Mongolian culture, and their satisfaction in the learning process.
- LI Yan Ying, Elva (BBA Accounting / Year 2)
I feel excited every time I go on a trip. Travelling means a lot . We can meet new people, learn new cultures and languages and taste local cuisine. This study tour provided me with a chance to understand the culture of Inner Mongolia and inspired me to think about the definition of culture.
- CHOW Jung Sing Jeff (English and Literature Studies / Year 3)
I have to judge the credibility of what I saw in Inner Mongolia with my knowledge. Yet some feelings were genuine. I felt relaxing and comfortable to get along with my teammates in the eight-day trip. It was heart-warming that we took care of each other when something accidentally happened.
- SZETO Ka Wing (Chinese Language and Literature Studies / Year 4)