News & Announcement
Career21 SEP - 15 OCT 2021
Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce (HKGCC) - Pitch Perfect Programme (PPP)
What is PPP?
Pitch Perfect (完美求職計劃) is a training programme and competition from the Young Executives Club (YEC) of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, which aims to help university students prepare for the world of work. The programme has four stages: training sessions, company visits, mentoring from YEC members, and a round of competitions where the students will have the opportunity to impress the judges in a two-minute pitch.
The programme aims to help university students prepare for their career, which contains training sessions, company visits, mentoring by Chamber members, and competitions where students will pitch to senior executives.
Eligibility: Year 2-4 undergraduate students at local universities
Participation Fee: HK$200 (with a complimentary HKGCC student membership)
- Training Courses
- Day 1 (3 Nov): Interview and Presentation Skills Training
- Day 2 (10 Nov): Problem Solving and Analytical Skills Training
- Day 3 (17 Nov): Personal Branding Building
- Day 4 (24 Nov): Corporate World Sharing
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
- Chevalier Group
- Lan Kwai Fong Group
- MegaSoft Ltd
- MTR Corporation Ltd
- NEC Hong Kong Limited
- Pan Asian Mortgage Company Ltd
- HK$8,000 for the winner selected by each participating company
- An additional HK$10,000 for the Final Champion
- Job shadowing YEC Co-Chairman Eric Fok Kai-shan for a day
Registration: Click here to apply
Deadline: 15 October 2021
The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce has been helping members do business since 1861. As the longest established and also the most dynamic chamber in Hong Kong, we help our members to find new opportunities, make new contacts and keep abreast of the rapidly changing business landscape, both in Hong Kong and internationally.
As the “Voice of Business” in the city, we also lobby the Government to improve the regulatory environment in the city, and to ensure that Hong Kong remains among the most competitive business and financial hubs in the world.
Through our wide variety of events – in person and online – we help members expand their networks with businesspeople and Government officials in Hong Kong, Mainland China and globally. Ultimately, we help to smooth the path to success for all our members.
- Training Courses
Career21 SEP - 31 OCT 2021
[HKTDC Trade Ambassador Programme 2021/22]
- Boost your Knowledge about Hong Kong trade and how the HKTDC guides businesses, from grassroots start-ups to successful SMEs
- Take a Tour of the HKTDC’s Exhibition Services & Logistics Centre and learn Hong Kong’s exhibition industry has evolved and grown
- Join Workshops and Seminars with renowned speakers, for insider insights and inspiration from top business brains
- Meet the HKTDC Economists and get up-to-date knowledge of the global marketplace. Participate in interactive challenges and open forums on trends impacting Hong Kong
- Interview a CEO, and learn first-hand how pioneers of business built their models and sidestepped pitfalls to reach success
- Get an Inside View of how companies function day-to-day to grow business during TAP company visits
Application form: https://form.hktdc.com/UI_RegistrationSite/Registration/RegistrationForm.aspx?FORMID=4ed90b3c-0019-4f57-91ee-f24b2423951e&BYPASS=YES&LANGID=1&URLEVENTNAME=HKTDC+Trade+Ambassador+Programme+2021%2f22&URLFORMNAME=Online+Application+Form&URLDATESCODE=00
Application deadline: 31 October 2021
Career16 - 19 SEP 2021
If you are interested in case competitions and excelling in your presentation skills and techniques, this upcoming training workshop is for you!
Throughout this workshop session, Sonam C. W. will introduce the typical case competitions, MECE issue tree, and other strategic frameworks to approach cases, and experience sharing on local case competitions. While Michelle Ho will be sharing her experience in international case competitions, the physical and mental preparations, and conduct a demo presentation on the spot.
Date: 20th Sep 2021 (Mon)
Time: 20:00 – 21:30 (HKT)
Mode: Online (via Zoom)
Target: UG & PG Students
Noticing that many of our followers are across the globe, this training series will be conducted online through zoom and is open to all undergraduates free of charge! Remember to register before 19th September 23:59!
Career13 SEP 2021 - 01 FEB 2022
Career13 - 27 SEP 2021
KORNERSTONE Institute: Career Talk-How to Start a Finance Career in the COVID Era
Date: 27 Sep 2021 (Mon)
Time: 7:00 – 9:00pm
Venue: 13/F, Hip Shing Hong Centre, 192-194 Nathan Road, Jordan, Kowloon, Hong Kong (MTR Jordan Station Exit D)
For further event details, please visit: https://www.kornerstone.com/Events/2021/Career_talk/University/
Limited seats are reserved for Hong Kong Baptist University. To secure a seat, please register at https://www.kornerstone.com/form/?form_id=19408