Subsidized Internship Scheme - Notes to Participating Employers
In view of the possible economic downturn, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) has set up Project SEED (Student Engagement, Enrichment and Development) under which the university works with alumni and supporters to offer a range of educational opportunities to enhance students’ personal attributes and readiness for career development.
With the support from the SEED Fund, Career Centre (CC) of HKBU has launched the Subsidized Internship Scheme (SIS), aiming to provide a chance for students, especially with non-professional degrees, to showcase their unlimited potentials to participating employers. Under the scheme, students who have completed a 6-week (full-time) / 240-hour (part-time) internship will be granted with a lump sum of $4,000 allowance.
- Companies providing internships which are of learning values are welcome to support the scheme.
- All HKBU undergraduate students are eligible to join the scheme. Quota is limited and will be filled on a first-come first-served basis.
Requirements / Details of the Internship
- The internship period must be at least 6 weeks on full-time basis or 240 hours on part-time basis.
- Participating companies should make a detailed training plan and assign a supervisor to guide and supervise the participating student(s). The supervisor should review with an intern his / her performance on a regular basis and suggest ways for improvement. At the end of the work attachment, evaluation would be conducted.
- With the wide scope of business of the hosting companies and the different skills possessed by our students, HKBU students would be involved in different tasks and different roles including but not limited to –
- Accounting & Finance
- Project & Event Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Translation & Editorial Tasks
- Research & Development
- Office Administration
- Cultural & Educational Projects
To join the Scheme
- Interested employers are welcome to submit job information with job details and training plan at https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/portal/career/interns/subsidized_internship_scheme/employer/.
- After selecting an HKBU student, a participating employer will be requested to sign a confirmation slip with HKBU CC to confirm the internship details.
After the Internship / Reimbursement Arrangement
- After the completion of the internship, the participating employer has to submit an evaluation form and provide attendance proof of the participating student to HKBU CC.
- All students would be under the University insurance coverage during the internship period.
- Extension of the internship can be made as mutually agreed between the hosting companies and the students.
- HKBU CC will evaluate employer’s company size, learning values of the internship, etc. to determine the quota for each employer. HKBU holds sole discretion in this decision.
Miss Yoyo Mak (Tel: 3411 5385; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Miss Penny Lo (Tel: 3411 5278; email@example.com)