External Entrepreneurial Support & Events
EL Team will collaborate with external start-up incubators, companies and organisations for providing opportunities to facilitate students in establishing start-ups, including but not limited to incubation programmes, competitions, mentoring programmes etc.
- Techathon+ 2024
Join the Ultimate Tech Challenge at Hong Kong Techathon+ 2024!
Calling all tech enthusiasts and innovators! Get ready to embark on an incredible journey of creativity, teamwork, and tech entrepreneurship at Hong Kong Techathon+ 2024!
Co-organised by HKSTP and local universities partners, students and alumni from the 10 co-organising universities (CityU, HKBU, HKMU, LingnanU, CUHK, EdUHK, HSUHK, PolyU, HKUST and HKU) with technology-related business ideas are all welcome to participate in this exhilarating competition. Join this challenge to unleash your potential and compete for the chance to win cash prizes and startup funds offered by HKSTP and the universities!
Sign up now and be part of the innovation and entrepreneurship. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to showcase your skills, team up with like-minded individuals and jump start your tech entrepreneurship journey.
Techathon+ 2024由香港科技園及10間香港大學伙伴共同協辦，我們 歡迎來自10間大學伙伴（城大、浸大、都大、嶺大、中大、教大、恒大、理大、科大和港大）的學生和校友參與此激動人心的比賽，只要你有與創新科技相關的商業意念，歡迎你加入這個挑戰，發揮你的潛能，爭取贏得由香港科技園公司和大學提供的現金獎和創業基金！
The InnoX Winter Camp 2024 is a rigorous, project-based entrepreneurship boot camp focusing on hard technology. This programme, hosted by InnoX Academy, is a brainchild of Mr. Neil Shen, founding partner of Sequoia China, and Professor Zexiang Li, former chairman of DJI.
Established in cooperation with HKSTP and various Hong Kong universities, the InnoX Academy aims to nurture the next generation of tech entrepreneurs. Our Winter Camp is an evolution of the successful X-Plan project, which over 7 years has supported 240+ early-stage tech projects, with many receiving substantial investment.
They are now seeking talented students from diverse disciplines to form dynamic startup teams. Out of all applicants from 6 universities, only 50 will be chosen. As a participant, you'll have the chance to win:
．Direct admission to HKSTP x HK InnoX Academy Co-Ideation Program (HK$100,000)
．Seed funding, ranging from HK$500,000 to HK$1M
The training period spans from January 2nd to 19th, 2024, followed by a flexible prototype development period until February 2nd. The culmination of the camp is the Demo Day on February 3rd, 2024, held at HKSTP.
Application Link: http://hk.mikecrm.com/v4D8PlY
Deadline: 18 December 2024
Let's kickstart your journey in transforming the tech startup landscape!
Cyberport Entrepreneurship Programmes (Dec 2023 Intake) -Cyberport Creative Micro Fund & Cyberport Incubation Programme
Fast-track Nomination for HKBU Start-up Teams
Cyberport is an innovative digital community with over 1,900 technology companies. With a vision to be the hub for digital technology and contributor to the economy of Hong Kong, Cyberport is committed to nurturing a vibrant tech ecosystem by cultivating talent, promoting entrepreneurship among youth, supporting start-ups on their growth journey, fostering industry development by promoting strategic collaboration with local and international partners, and integrating new and traditional economies by accelerating digital adoption in the public and private sectors.
The Cyberport Creative Micro Fund and Cyberport Incubation Programme are open for applications with deadline on 3 Oct 2023. The programmes are offering funding from HK$100,000 to HK$500,000 and comprehensive entrepreneurial supports from co-working spaces, hardware and software facilities, training & mentorship, product and business development to investment opportunities to help start-ups to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.
The programme encourages innovation and creativity by sponsoring high potential digital tech start-up projects and business ideas. It provides up to HK$600,000 funding to support innovative ideas and early-stage start-ups development over a project period of 6 months. Apart from cash grant, CCMF gives you access to Cyberport’s extensive resources and support for innovators and entrepreneurs, including:
- Mentorship and business advice
- Business development and investment connections
- A local and global business network
- Publicity and promotion
- Industry recognition and validation
- Alumni network and peer support
Applicant can apply for the programme as an individual or as a limited company.
The programme provides up to HK$1,000,000 resources and HK$200,000 rental subsidy to accelerate your business. During the 24-month programme, in addition to the funding support, incubatees can also tap to other extensive resources & supports ranging from business development & investment connections, publicity & promotion, mentorship & business advice etc. Participation in the programme can be on-site at Cyberport or off-site at their own premises. (We provide rental-free office space (subject to availability; with monthly management fee) in our Entrepreneurship Centre).
On top of the CIP, Cyberport provides a comprehensive platform to foster success for digital tech entrepreneurs. Upon admission to the CIP, companies can also enjoy financial support for joining accelerator programme, and tap to Cyberport Macro Fund (co-investment fund) and our Enterprise & Investors Network, as well as the Innovation & Technology Fund programmes.
A Quick note on Eligibility
- A viable business plan for a product / service solutions to be ready for market within 12 to 18 months
- Applicant must be a registered digital tech company limited by shares (or in progress of incorporation) under the Companies Ordinance in HKSAR and the date of incorporation must be less than 7 years upon application deadline
- Founders of the Applicant collectively (legally and beneficially) must hold at least 51% of the company shares or absolute control of the Applicant at the time of application submission and throughout the Programme Period
- All Incubatees shall maintain local presence with at least one local authorised representative physically working in Hong Kong (mainly to support local operation and product development) in the incubation period. Such a representative shall be either a Founder/Co-founder or a local full-time staff employed by the Incubatee.
Application Method: HKBU x Cyberport Entrepreneurship Programmes Fast-track Nomination Opportunity
If you want to be nominated to Fast-track, the applicant needs to be –
- Current full-time or part-time student of HKBU; or
- Alumni of HKBU
Step 1 - Complete the Cyberport Application Form via Cyberport Entrepreneurship Management System.
Please also check out the guides and notes for applicants before submission.
• Guides and notes for applicants for CCMF: HERE
• Guides and notes for applicants for Incubation Programme: HERE
Step 2 - Complete the HKBU x Cyberport Entrepreneurship Programmes Application Form and upload the business plan and team member details: https://hkbu.questionpro.com/hkbucyberportfasttrack
*Application Deadline for this HKBU Fast-Track Opportunity: 25 September 2023 (Mon) 11:59 pm (HKT)
*Shortlisted teams may be invited for a vetting interview during 27 -28 September 2023.
If you have any questions about this fast-track opportunity, please contact Ms. Jill Chan (34116609/ firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should you require further information or encounter any problem during the application process, please feel free to contact Cyberport: email email@example.com about CCMF enquries; and email firstname.lastname@example.org for Incubation enquries.
Don’t miss this chance!
Cyberport University Partnership Programme (CUPP) 2023
Cyberport University Partnership Programme (CUPP) is a FinTech focused entrepreneurship programme with boot camp, mentorship and competition that aiming at nurturing young FinTech talents for Hong Kong since 2015. CUPP is a programme on nomination-based.
The Programme offers
- A series of FinTech pre-camp nurturing sessions in Hong Kong
- Entrepreneurship Boot Camp at University of Cambridge
- Mentorship and insight from FinTech industry elite
- Pitch your FinTech business idea to investors
- Win HK$100,000 grant by Cyberport Creative Micro Fund
Join the Online Briefing Session and Networking Session to find out more on CUPP 2023!
Winning teams will receive HK$100,000 Grant of Cyberport Creative Micro Fund
- Project must be rooted in digital tech and focus on FinTech related with components, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cybersecurity etc.
- Applicants must be nominated by CUPP co-organising university partners (CityU, HKBU, HKMU, LingU, CUHK, EduHK, PolyU, HKUST, HKU).
- Applicants must be between 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) upon the nomination deadline (i.e. 15 March 2023).
- Applicants must be undergraduate or postgraduate students from CUPP co-organising university partners, either currently enrolled university students or graduated within 3 years (i.e 15 March 2020 to 15 March 2023) from the co-organising universities.
- Applicants must have a good command of English.
- Team members could be a mixture of students from different CUPP co-organising universities.
- Each team could have up to 5 members. Suggested team structure:
- 1 team leader (i.e. principal applicant) with Hong Kong ID Card holder and main contact person of the team.
- Up to 2 core team members with technical/UIUX/FinTech knowledge, who will be joining Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
- Up to 2 supporting team members, who will NOT be joining Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
- Maximum 3 members per team can join the Entrepreneurship Boot Camp.
How to Apply ?
- Team Form
- Each member - one page CV (working/start-up experience, award received etc.)
- Academic Transcript
- FinTech Business plan (Project Idea) with Project Title in PPT format
Application Deadline: 3 March 2023
- Please review the “CUPP 2023 Info Deck” for more details. Selected teams may be invited to an internal interview with SAO Entrepreneurial Learning Team. Only successful applicants will be nominated by SAO to Cyberport for further screening.
- SAO will support each successful applicant admission fee HKD1,000 on a reimbursement basis upon completion of the programme.
- SAO reserves the right on the final decision in all matters pertaining to the CUPP 2023 application at HKBU.
Ms Becky Poon
Tel: 3411 5385
InnoX 2023 Summer Camp
InnoX Summer Camp is a project-based, hard-tech focused, hands-on entrepreneurship boot camp hosted by InnoX Academy.
InnoX Camp is the version 2.0 of the X-Plan project. In the past 6 years, it had supported more than 240 early-stage technology projects, among which Moon Biotech and Orcauboat were invested by Sequoia Capital and HKX fund. InnoX Camp has been successfully held for 4 sessions and 30% of the projects originated from the camps have received external funding for further incubation.
Inno X is looking for talents from different disciplinary backgrounds to build all-star start-up teams.
Date: 5 June – 15 July
For more details, please visit https://www.hkxfoundation.org/apply.