Green and Health Mindfulness Week (17-21 September)
To promote the importance of maintaining green and health mindfulness, there will be four Green and Health Mindfulness weeks during the residential year. The first one will be on 17-21 September and there will be a few initiatives designed for you:
- Green and Healthy Diet: During the Fruitful Day (18 Sept), you will receive a piece of fresh fruit from the Undergraduate Halls.
- Clean and Friendly Environment: Your Hall Tutor/ Resident Assistant will visit your room for assessment to the Hall Cleanliness Competition. Residents from the room with the highest average e scores of each floor will be awarded a cash prize of HKD$20 each. Work with your roommates to maintain a comfortable living environment together.
- Experience Mindfulness: Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It increases focus and creativity, providing artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well-being. (The Zentangle Workshop was being promoted last week and the application quota filled up in a few days. Stay tuned to promotion on other workshops in the next Green and Health Mindfulness Week in November.)
- Waste No More, Recycle and Reuse:
- The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming! After enjoying your moocakes, you may recycle your clean paper or tin mooncake boxes by dropping them into the collection boxes on the G/F of North and South Tower. (Collection period: 17 Sept- 2 Oct 2018)
- Online Second-hand Items Exchange Platform: A newly launched platform providing a convenient way for all BU Buddies to give away or resell their personal items to others for the sake of reducing the amount of solid waste being generated. You might be able to find your treasures on this platform as well : https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/hkbu2x/
We hope you have a fruitful week. Stay green and health mindfulness!
- Programme Period
- 17-21 Sep 2018
- Undergraduate Halls