Summer Residence for Students
Hall places are available for Undergraduate students during Summer from June to July every year. Eligible students who are going to take Summer courses, Course-required Summer internship or Summer research projects are welcome to apply for Summer Hall accommodation.
For enquiries, please contact the Undergraduate Halls at 3411 2600 or email@example.com.
Please read the General Information carefully and thoroughly before you submit your hall application.
Full-time UGC-funded UG students who are current residents of the Undergraduate Halls in the Second Semester in 2022/23, except the following students, are eligible to apply:
1. Exchange students who are staying in the Halls in the Second Semester of 2022/23
2. Final year local students
NOTE: Students must possess a student status of “Normal Study” as defined by the Academic Registry during the stay in the University Accommodation. You may check your student status in BUniPort > Profile > Personal Particulars & Study Record. Students who cease to be classified as “Normal Study” (e.g. taking an internship or suspension of study) will no longer be eligible for University Accommodation and will be required to check out of the Halls.
Priorities will be given to:
- Eligible students who are current Hall residents with academic engagement in Summer (e.g. summer course / program-required internship* etc.)
- Eligible students with special needs# (proof required)
*Program-required internship refers to internships which are either credit-bearing or it is part of the graduation requirement. Internships of the students’ self-interest will not be given any priority in Summer Hall application.
*Applications with academic reasons without relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
#Applications with reasons of academic society/ interest club/ summer job/ home renovation/ driving test/ auxiliary police training/ self study/ extra-curricular activities will not be considered.
Supporting documents MUST be submitted to the G4 Service Counter of the Undergraduate Halls or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm, 1 May 2023. Application without relevant supporting document will not be considered.
Online Summer Hall Application
24 April, 12noon to 1 May 2023
|Supporting Documents Submission||
24 April to 1 May 2023, 5pm
Application Result announcement
5 May 2023, 5pm
Room Assignment announcement
12 May 2023, 5pm
Your preferred roommate should be of the same gender and applying for the same Summer Hall period.
For better utilization of rooms, your preference will be met as far as practicable. Unit-mates will be assigned by the Hall Management.
Room change/single room request will NOT be accepted.
Debit notes for Summer Hall Fees will be issued to successful applicants in BUniPort on 5 May 2023 and the payment due date will be 8 May 2023. Please settle Summer Hall Fees according to the instruction in the email sent by the Finance Office. You must enter the Debit Note Number and choose Bill Type during payment.
Note for summer hall fees
1. Summer Hall Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. Failure to pay the Summer Hall Fees on time will result in recovery of Summer Hall Offer automatically.
3. Late payment is not acceptable unless with prior special approval by the Hall Management BEFORE the payment due date with a Penalty for late payment of $300.
4. Change of offered lodging period is not acceptable in most cases subject to special approval and an Administrative Fee of $100 per change.
Caution Money of the immediate past semester will be carried forward to Summer Hall for current residents while $1,000 Caution Money will be collected from non-current residents.
Note for Caution Money
1 Caution Money will be refunded, less any restitution charges for damage or loss of properties and keys, to your bank account within 3 months.
2 Please update your bank account information in BUniPort BEFORE 18 May 2023.
3. Refund of Caution Money will not be further processed and eventually forfeited if students fail to provide a valid Hong Kong bank account in BUniPort to the Finance Office.
Room assignment result (and relocation period for current residents*) will be announced on 12 May 2023, 5pm HERE.
*The relocation schedule is subject to change
【Summer Residence starts on 18 May 2023】
Assigned to Original Room
Please bring your Student Card and Door Card to the G4 Service Counter during 10am – 6pm, 22-23 May 2023 for card data update.
- Assigned to Another Room
The following Room Relocation period will be assigned to you subject to room availability and is NOT changeable.
Summer Residence starts on
Room Relocation Period
18 May 2023
(20 May 2023 for Resident Assistants)
31 May, 2pm – 1 June 12noon
1 June 2pm – 2 June 12noon
2 June 2pm – 3 June 12noon
|5 Jun 2-6pm|
- Remove all your personal belongings from your 2022-23 room*
- Return door card, washroom key and mailbox key of your 2022-23 room*
- Collect your door card, washroom key and mailbox key of your Summer Hall room, and
- Bring your student card to the G4 Service Counter for data update
*$500 late room relocation surcharge will be levied on Summer Hall residents who fail to complete either step1) or 2) within their assigned room relocation period.
Late Room Relocation Surcharge
- All Summer Hall residents MUST complete the room relocation within the assigned relocation period. Request for change of relocation period will NOT be accepted.
- If you are not available to complete the room relocation within the assigned timeslot, you should authorize a current resident / Resident Tutor / Hall Tutor to relocate for you (Please leave them your room keys and submit an authorization letter to the G4 Service Counter), OR, store your luggage before you leave. Your original room should be cleared by the end of the relocation period.
- Residents who fail to complete either step 1) or 2) above will be charged of a $500 Late Room Relocation Surcharge and it will be deducted from the Caution Money. Anything left behind in the room will also be disposed of and neither the University nor the Hall Management will be responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings arising from such action.
If you are required to relocate to another room in Summer while you are not physically in Hong Kong at the relocation period assigned, you MUST authorize another current resident / Hall Tutor to help relocate your belongings to your summer hall room in the designated time slot. NO pack and storage service will be available in 2022/23.
【Summer Residence starts AFTER 18 May 2023】
Please bring your Student Card and check in at the G4 Service Counter after 2pm on your check-in date during our office hours. Your Student Cards will be activated and you should collect a Summer Hall door card, washroom key and mailbox key.
Office Hours of G4 Service Counter
Mondays – Fridays
9am – 9pm (1 – 2pm Meal Break)
9am – 1pm
Sundays and Public Holidays
- You must check out at or before 12 noon on your latest check-out date. A late check-out penalty of $600* will be charged per day after 12 noon of each late check-out day until the check-out procedures are completed and the penalty will be deducted from your Caution Money. In addition, students who check-out late will be recorded 16 demerit points and disqualified for hall application with immediate effect until graduation.
- You may check out before your latest check-out date without any refund of hall fees. You are required to arrange your room inspection at the G4 Service Counter at least 3 working days before you check out.
* subject to approval of the Student Residence Management Board
- The construction of Jockey Club Campus of Creativity (JC3) is underway from 7 am to 7 pm from Mondays to Saturdays, except Sundays and public holidays. During the construction period, nuisances such as noise, dust and smell will inevitably be expected. Mitigation measures will be taken by the Estates Office to minimize the nuisances incurred by the major repair and maintenance at the Undergraduate Halls and construction of JC3 as far as practicable. Residents are advised to close windows of their rooms to alleviate nuisances as appropriate. Your continued understanding and patience will be greatly appreciated. Please contact the Estates Office should you have further questions.
- The Undergraduate Halls will undergo major external wall repair and fixing works, during which scaffolding will be erected to cover the entire Undergraduate Halls. Nuisances such as noise, dust and smell will inevitably be caused.
- Minor washroom refurbishment works in Resident Rooms will be carried out in the North Tower. Dust and noise arising from the work are expected.
- Other minor refurbishment works may also take place during the same period. There may be occasional noise during daytime.
Students shall not use the Gym System in Fitness Room without having first undergone appropriate fitness training.
Your application implies your agreement to abide by the University Standards of Conduct of students, Terms and Conditions of Hall Residence, Residents' Code and Hall Rules as posted on the Undergraduate Halls website. By checking in, it implies that you agree the hall management to inform your parents/ guardian/home institution of any such sanctions and details of the related disciplinary matter.