Putting Up Promotional/Publicity Materials
- The list of banner locations available for reservations by student organizations can be observed at Venues and Facilities Booking System.
The reservation must be made through Venues and Facilities Booking System at least 1 week, but not more than 1 month in advance of the first day of hanging. Any unauthorized hanging of banners is strictly prohibited.
- The person-in-charge of the organization will bear the full responsibility for its message/content. The identity(s) of the organizer(s) must be specified. Banners should be displayed for the purpose of promoting events.
- The maximum period of hanging for every function is 1 week. Any prolonged hanging application for extension is subject to availability; and approval will not be notified until one week before the extended period.
- Adequate safety precautions must be observed when a banner is hung. The banner must be securely fastened and the fixings must not cause any damage to the steel railings, the window frames or the adjoining structures. Any damage caused will be made good at the organization’s expenses.
- PACKAGE TAPE or DOUBLE-SURFACE TAPE and BAMBOO STICKS are not allowed for fixing banners.
- The banner must be dismantled immediately after use and necessary cleaning should be the applicants’ responsibility. Failure to do so will be subject to penalty.
- Student organizations may distribute flyers on campus. The identity(s) of the organizer(s) must be specified on the flyers.
- All posters must bear the official chops of the student organizations unless special approval is obtained from the Students’ Union or Office of Student Affairs; and in such case, relevant stamp must be chopped on each poster. The commencement date and the end date of the posting must be clearly marked at the bottom right corner of the poster.
- All posters must be posted on the approved notice boards or designated general notice areas. The posters must not be stuck onto glass doors, glass windows, walls, pillars, lockers, and other University properties.
- In the same notice area, only ONE poster for the same function should be posted. Posters must not cover the regulations stuck on the notice area and should not cover the ones already posted.
- Student organizations could put up posters up to A3 size and for not more than 2 weeks to promote their functions.
- Failing to comply with the above rules will lead to immediate removal of poster without prior notice.
- Out-dated posters will be taken off promptly by Estate Office. However, student organizations have no right to take off other’s posters.
Posters in Resident Halls
Limited notice board areas on 1st Floor of Student Resident Halls are available for non-Hall student organizations for posting posters. Students must observe the same rules and regulations as stipulated in the “Manual for Student Activities” and comply with Hall regulations.
Posters in Shek Mun Campus
Request for Posting of Posters / Notices on Shek Mun Campus: Student Organizations should download and complete the application form and submit it, together with the posters to be posted, to G/F Information Counter at least three working days prior to the proposed posting date.
- The quota available for display of table stands by student organizations inside student canteens can be checked at Venues and Facilities Booking System. It is subject to a maximum quota of three table stands for each dining table, each student organization may place one table stand on each dining table inside the student canteens for a period of five days from Monday to Friday to promote an activity. The reservation must be made through Venues and Facilities Booking System at least 1 week, but not more than 1 month in advance of the first day of display. Unauthorized displays of table stands are strictly prohibited.
- The person-in-charge of the organization will bear the full responsibility for the message/content of the table stands.
- All table stands must bear the official chops of student organizations. Student organizations should be responsible for removal of the table stands on or before the due dates. All table stands will be cleared by the caterers regularly.
Regarding the display of publicity materials
By the authorities’ decree, all display of publicity materials within public premises (eg. Banners, posters and on street railings and road signs) require official permission from the Lands Department. Should any student organization fails to comply, all unauthorized publicity materials found within public areas will be removed by officers from the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department of Hong Kong. In addition, the student organization involved will bear legal liabilities from their actions and may as a result be subject to payments for the costs of removing those found materials.