National Security Law Education (NSLE0001)
The National Security Law Education (NSLE0001) is a compulsory component of the co-curricular learning programme which is a graduation requirement.
- Students admitted after Academic Year 2021/2022 are required to attend the NSLE lecture.
- All other students are encouraged to attend.
- To introduce One Country Two System and the constitutional status of Hong Kong SAR with reference to the PRC Constitution and Hong Kong Basic Law
- To introduce the importance of National Security Law to Hong Kong SAR
- To provide an overview of the key provisions of the National Security Law for HKSAR
- To introduce the fundamental principles of rule of law
Two CCL units will be earned after successfully completion of NSLE0001. Only "Pass" or "Fail" will be graded.
In order to complete NSLE0001, students will be required to
- attend a 2-hour face-to-face lecture, and
- complete a 2-hour assigned reading materials, and
- obtain a "Pass" in a quiz.
Reading materials and the quiz are available at HKBU Moodle.
*The quiz is only open for undergraduates admitted in 2021 or later.
Calendar for face-to-face lecture
|12 Sep 2023 (Tue)||14:30 - 16:30||English||Closed*|
|25 Sep 2023 (Mon)||18:30 - 20:30||Cantonese||Closed*|
|10 Oct 2023 (Tue)||14:30 - 16:30||
|16 Oct 2023 (Mon)||18:30 - 20:30||English||Closed*|
|17 Oct 2023 (Tue)||14:30-16:30||
|24 Oct 2023 (Tue)||14:30-16:30||
|6 Nov 2023 (Mon)||18:30 - 20:30||Cantonese||Closed*|
|7 Nov 2023 (Tue)||14:30-16:30||Cantonese||Closed*|
|20 Nov 2023 (Mon)||18:30 - 20:30||English||Closed*|
|28 Nov 2023 (Tue)||14:30-16:30||Cantonese||https://sles.hkbu.edu.hk/student/register/activity/A2324SA-LQC0113|
*Registration will be started 2 weeks before the event day.