HKBU Model United Nations Club
Do you have a knack for international relations?
Are you curious about the ever-increasing political tension?
Want to act as a professional UN diplomat?
What is Model United Nations (MUN)?
- An authentic simulation of the United Nations (UN) committee structure, where students assume the roles of United Nations member states to discuss and develop resolutions for issues of international scope and importance
- An experience based on diplomacy, compromises, knowledge, learning, and friendships
Why should I join HKBU MUN Club?
The HKBU MUN Club is here to fulfil your ambition:
- - To expand your capacity for public speaking
- - To equip you with diplomatic and inter-personal skills
- - To broaden your global horizon through participation in overseas conferences
(e.g. National Model United Nations -New York, Geneva International Model United Nations, Singapore Model United Nations.)
We also provide you with a series of useful MUN trainings which all aim to:
- Enrich and expand your breadth of knowledge, social concern, and awareness of regional and international issues and relations;
- Strengthen your research, critical-thinking, analytical, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- Promote your understanding of cultural diversity and cross-cultural cooperation as you meet with elites from around the world; and
- Foster your passion to serve the local community and global village.
Executive Committee members are responsible for running the club from MUN training designs to organizing events with the support from Office of Student Affairs. They also serve as mentors for the trainees. Not only that they intentionally support and advise all of the students throughout their training, but they are also responsible for the training sessions and leading the delegations to overseas conferences.
Vikramaditya Kulhari/Finance/Year 2
Ever wondered why the world functions the way it does, how its problems get solved and what is that mechanism that solves it? These questions were my spark to get into the world of MUN, and after attending a dozen conferences, my love for this activity keeps growing. Becoming the president of this year’s club has given me the opportunity to pass on the joy of "MUNning” to all of you and help you gain your own unique and informed perspective on our ever-changing world and become global citizens. I hope to see you all at the club, so together we can all go far.
Cheung Oi Lam Kelly/Translation/Year 3
Hello everyone! This is Kelly from the Executive Committee team. We are probably living in an age of uncertainty; I always wonder how the world would change time after time and how we could react or know more about our living world as an insider and a learner. Being part of the team provides me with a perfect chance to explore possibilities regarding different global issues and step out of my comfort zone. If you are interested in learning communication skills and building close relationships, just come and join us! With the help of our teammates, I am sure that everyone could gain what they expected and even more than that!
Director of Academics
Kassymzhomart Sapan/Finance/Year 2
Hey guys! My name is Kas. I am a second-year international student studying BBA Finance. With prior experience in MUN, I hope to make an impact on the development of MUN in Hong Kong, particularly at our university. Hopefully, I will see you all at the meetings!
Director of External Affairs
Chan Yee Sum Kristie/Chinese Medicine/Year 2
Hello! I am Kristie. Before studying at BU, I did not plan to join any academic or interest societies. However, being part of the club makes me believe that MUN is not only an amazing place for us to get exposure to world affairs but also a place to exchange ideas through stimulating United Nations conferences. I am expecting a journey of learning, challenge, change, and self-growth. We have so many exciting events planned for you! Join us! It is a magical place for you to explore.
Director of Communication
Badajos, Juliana Jemima/Journalism and Digital Media/Year 2
Hey everyone! I'm Jemima, an international journalism major. Every year, I made it a goal for myself to try at least one thing that’s new and challenging. I realized that joining MUN would make me a better critical thinker, help me understand and discuss foreign affairs on a diplomatic level. Not only that, as an aspiring journalist, staying on top of the social and political climate would help me keep an open mind and keep up with current issues that could affect you and me. While being a part of the Exco team this year, I hope to reach out to more students and make our club grow! It is my hope that this year, our club will be able to make a lot of memorable experiences together and keep meeting face-to-face. So, if you want to challenge yourself, the MUN club is right up your alley!
Director of Operation
Cheuk Ying Jessica/Accountancy/Year 4
Hello everyone! This is Jessica from Exco. MUN has a diverse range of training, simulations, and conferences, which I believe will provide a great platform for me to hone my presentation and communication skills. Through awareness, persuasion, and debate at the events, we can unveil more facets of our world to enhance our identity and understanding of the world as citizens of the global village. Join us at MUN not only to explore more perspectives of the world but also to find another potential version of ourselves! Together, let's become more aware of global issues and make them a part of our future!
Director of Operation
Lee Chi Kin Ken/European Studies/Year 2
Hello, this is Ken, a student who is passionate about studying politics and learning new languages. I believe that joining MUN events can help us develop a global vision and build public speaking skills, which is crucial for success in the future. So come join us!
HKBU Model United Nations Club is now recruiting members!
You are more than welcomed to join us regardless of your major and study year.
Benefits of being our member:
- Opportunities of joining local and overseas MUN conferencesScholarships for attending overseas conferences
- Problem-solving and public speaking skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Meeting more friends from all over the world
- Excos will be fully subsidized and members will receive 70% subsidy when attending the overseas conference(s)
Interested parties may apply via https://forms.microsoft.com/r/hZLEidiKPS by 7 October 2022.
HKBU MUN CLUB 2022-2023 Annual Schedule
Oct - Nov, 2022
Mock Conference Simulation
Dec - Jan, 2023
Feb - Mar, 2023
Training for selected delegates
Mar - Aug, 2023
HKBU MUN Conference
Delegations will be sent to participate in local conferences (within HK) when available.
The above schedule is tentative and may subject to changes without prior notice.
- Year 2018-2019
- Year 2017-2018
- Year 2015-2016
- Year 2014-2015
- Year 2013-2014 (1)
- Year 2013-2014 (2)
- Year 2012-2013
- Asian International Model United Nations Conference
- Geneva International Model United Nations Conference
- Hong Kong Model United Nations
- Harvard National Model United Nations Conference
- Harvard World Model United Nations Conference (WorldMUN)
- London International Model United Nations Conference
- National Model United Nations (New York) Conference
- Rome Model United Nations Conference
Tel: (+852) 3411 5913
Address: Room 401, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus, Hong Kong Baptist University