HKBU Alumni Gratitude Grant (AGG) 香港浸會大學恩傳助學金
The Grant was set up with donations raised by the Village CARE Campaign in 2019. A group of HKBU alumni pledged a sum donation in support of students with special educational needs (SSEN). The Grant represents a way to show the alumni’s gratitude to their alma mater, an encouragement for the next generation of students to thrive in their own way.
Through the applicants’ participation or organization of local or global activities/projects:
1. To enhance the overall competences of SSEN.
2. To enhance the sense of belonging, support and care of SSEN.
Full-time HKBU students studying UGC-funded or self-financed sub-degree or above level programmes, registered with special educational needs, as categorised as follows:
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing Impairment
- Mental Illnesses
- Physical/Mobility Disabilities
- Speech Impairment and/or Language Impairment
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Visceral Disability/Chronic Illness
- Visual Impairment
- Multiple Types of Disabilities
1. The proposed activities or projects must meet the objectives of the Grants as listed in the objectives above. The activities may include participation or organization of local or global experiential programmes, service-learning opportunities, short-term overseas study or service trip, language courses taken in Hong Kong, sports/music/arts or other skills training/courses taken in Hong Kong, etc.
2. No retrospective application will be considered.
3. Multi-application is accepted on different nature of proposed activities/projects in each academic year.
1. Applications will be assessed on the basis of the followings:
- Capability of fulfilling the objective of the Grant.
- The impact and significance of the proposed activities/projects in fostering any of the seven HKBU graduate attributes of the applicants.
- Effectiveness of raising participants’ awareness and understanding of SEN/disability/inclusion/equal opportunity.
2. Preference will be given to eligible applicants who have never received any SEN- related funding before.
3. Up to ten per year subject to the availability of the funding source.
4. Maximum Fundable Amount
- Discretion will be exercised to approve additional grants for activities/projects with strong justifications and the initiatives are proven to be well deserved.
5. Eligible applicants can apply for grants to support their learning activities/projects in different types more than once. A separate application for grants should be made for each learning activity/project.
HKBU Alumni Gratitude Grant (AGG) supports outside-of-classroom learning activities offered by HKBU Departments, Offices, student bodies and external organisations, which fall under the scope of the Grant. Suggested learning activities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
Thematic training events with topics related to SEN/disability/inclusion/equal opportunity
|Short-term overseas study or service trip, training programme, competition or conference||
|Language learning courses||
|Sports/music/arts or other skills training/courses||
Rules & Regulations:
1. Please note that eligible students can only use the Grant to support their organisation and/or participation in outside classroom learning activities until the approved amount is depleted.
2. For final year eligible students, each learning activity must be completed by 17 July of their graduation year.
3. Students are allowed to receive the Grant with other funding resources concurrently provided that the total funding support obtained does not exceed the net fees/cost they have paid. Interested eligible students must declare their other sources of funding on the activity proposal AT LEAST SIX WEEKS prior to the start of the learning activities/projects along with all support documents. If other additional sources of funding are secured/confirmed after the submission, students should inform USSEN immediately about such an update.
4. Students will not be reimbursed with any grant if they fail to complete the approved activity and submit all relevant documents, including official proofs and original receipts for the cost/fee paid.
5. The Office of Student Affairs reserves the right to decide on each application and adjust the approved grant amount if deemed appropriate.
The application period opens from 1st July to 30th June each academic year.
Interested students should:
1. complete the online application form,
2. submit the following supporting documents to USSEN via email:
(a) Supporting/information of the medical intervention/special transportation service related to the disability;
(b) Copies of most recent medical reports and/or supporting documents such as assessment report to prove your special education need(s);
Successful applicants shall:
1. be notified of application results within five working weeks after submission of all required documents/meeting held and further information provided if any;
2. receive and sign an offer letter of the grant;
3. submit the following documents within two calendar weeks upon the end of learning activity:
(a) a sharing article,
(b) original invoice and receipt from the service provider,
(c) bank account details and
(d) three photos;
4. not submit the above documents late as this may result in score deduction in applying for other HKBU SEN-related financial schemes;
5. be invited to present/share the application and outcomes;
6. receive reimbursement normally in around 8 - 12 weeks upon acceptance of the final auditing and submission of documents; and
7. hold valid HKBU full-time equivalent (FTE) studentship at the time of reimbursement, or no approved fund will be reimbursed. USSEN reserves the rights on the decisions of subsidy allocation and guidelines amendment at any time as appropriate.
For any enquires, please contact us at the Unit for Students with Special Educational Needs, Counselling and Development Centre, Office of Student Affairs:
Tel : +852 3411 5230
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Room DLB704A, Level 7, David C. Lam Building, Shaw Campus
Mondays to Fridays – 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays – Closed