SEN Career Corner
Students with disabilities or special educational needs are strongly advised to acquire career coaching and guidance services on job search skills such as CV polishing, cover letter writing, interview techniques to have a well preparation for the careerpath. A series of career preparation, professional employment advices, personalized job matching services are provided by the government and relevant non-governmental organizations for students with disabilities or special educational needs.
- Civil Service Bureau (CSB), HKSAR Government: Internship Scheme for Students with Disabilities
2021 Student Internship Scheme in the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR)
Post Title: Summer Intern
Duration: 8 weeks in summer 2021 (two periods for selection from June to August 2021)
- 28 June 2021 (Monday) - 20 August 2021 (Friday); or
- 5 July 2021 (Monday) - 27 August 2021 (Friday)
Salary level: Salary of HK$10,500 per month
Remarks: Click here for the job description and application form for further details.
Today - 17 March 2021 (Closes at 5 p.m.)
- Be a permanent resident of HKSAR;
- Be a non-final year registered students with SEN studying a full-time bachelor degree, associate degree or high diploma course or equivalent (below Master level) in a local tertiary institution of HKSAR; and
- Submit together with the application form (at Annex B), an essay of not more than 300 words (either in Chinese or English) on why you apply for the Scheme and what you would like to achieve for it.
- A higher priority should be given to those who have not participated in the Scheme before.
The Civil Service Bureau of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) has launched an internship scheme for students with disabilities since 2016. The scheme aims at promoting a better understanding of the ability and potential of persons with disabilities within the Government and strengthening the competitiveness of students with disabilities before joining the job market.
- An essay of not more than 300 words (either in Chinese or English) on why you apply for this Internship Scheme and what you want to achieve from it
- Application form completed in block letters and in black ink
- HKBU academic transcript (unofficial)
- Medical proof of your special educational needs
Submission of Application
Eligible students should submit a completed application along with a cover letter and required supporting documents by email to email@example.com, 5 p.m., 17 March 2021 (Wed).
Late or incomplete applications will not be processed.
CareER Jockey Club Thriving Grass Career Development Program
Are you seeking to improve your career prospects? Are you finding your career passion? Are you looking for career inspiration?
If your answer is yes to any of the questions above, check out the CareER Jockey Club “Thriving Grass” Career Development Program CareER 賽馬會「疾風草」職涯發展計劃!
This program is designed to provide you with an array of career and personal development opportunities through:
Summer/Off-cycle Internship at corporate, social enterprise, NGOs and start-ups
- Job Skills & Leadership Training Workshops covering workplace communication, personal branding, and self-leadership
- Personality Assessment, Career Coaching & Counseling conducted by qualified professionals
- Experiential Learning Activities such as expressive art workshop, accessible hikes and seasonal gatherings, at which you can discover new interest and make new friends
- Alumni Sharing Events, at which CareER alumni from different industries and backgrounds will share with you their career journeys
HOW TO APPLY?
For university students and graduates with disabilities or SENs, please attend the Information Day* and prepare the latest CV with details as follows:
About Information Day*:
Date: 20 March, 2021 (Sat)
Time: 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Format: Zoom (Event link to be sent)
Language: Cantonese (Interpretation service will be provided upon request)
- Introduction to the Thriving Grass Program
- CareER as a Student/Alumni Union
- What's VIA and Career Coaching?
- Workplace Mental Wellness
- Panel Sharing by Inclusive Employers and former CareER Interns
*Program admission priority will be given to participants who have attended the Information Day.
About Submission of Your Latest CV**
Career Empowerment Platform for People of Differences
WISEmpower 2nd Cohort Recruitment is opened for application. They provide People of Differences (PoDs) with a 5-month job immersion experience via training and real business project to empower them to fit into mainstream employment.
PoDs of Diploma level or above with: Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Physical Impairment, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) & Learning Disabilities.
- 2-month pre-job training on business curriculum & ability enhancement, business communication, leadership and project management, career planning, survival skills at the workplace, interpersonal skills, etc.
- 3-month job placement in dedicated employers’ office
- Personalized inclusive job coaching
- Business projects at Dialogue Experience
For details, please refer to the programme documents by clicking here.
Application Deadline: 21 February 2021
Ms Delphica Chan / Mr Henry Tang
Phone: 2310-0482 / 2310-0483
MTR Summer Internship Programme for Students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Interns will be placed in one of the disciplines ranging from railway operations, railway and property development projects, property management, business development to other support functions. Work period: July to August
Application deadline: 22 March 2021, Monday
Online application forms: HERE
Interview Dates: 14 - 16 April 2021
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the following MTR staff:
Ms Agnes Ng
Ms Fiona Leung
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Acting)
Assistant Human Resources Manager
Topic of zoom talk: Career Talk for students with SEN
Date: 16 April (Fri)
Time: 11:30am-12:15pm (45 mins)
Targets: SEN students of HKBU
Mode of learning: Online mode (via zoom)
Language: Cantonese (supplemented with English ppt slides)
Speakers: Selective Placement Division of Labour Department of HKSAR government
Click here for more details.