SEN Career Corner
Students with disabilities or special educational needs are strongly advised to acquire career coaching and guidance services on job search skills such as CV polishing, cover letter writing, interview techniques to have a well preparation for the careerpath. A series of career preparation, professional employment advices, personalized job matching services are provided by the government and relevant non-governmental organizations for students with disabilities or special educational needs.
- Civil Service Bureau (CSB), HKSAR Government: Internship Scheme for Students with Disabilities
2021 Student Internship Scheme in the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR)
Post Title: Summer Intern
Duration: 8 weeks in summer 2021 (two periods for selection from June to August 2021)
- 28 June 2021 (Monday) - 20 August 2021 (Friday); or
- 5 July 2021 (Monday) - 27 August 2021 (Friday)
Salary level: Salary of HK$10,500 per month
Remarks: Click here for the job description and application form for further details.
Today - 17 March 2021 (Closes at 5 p.m.)
- Be a permanent resident of HKSAR;
- Be a non-final year registered students with SEN studying a full-time bachelor degree, associate degree or high diploma course or equivalent (below Master level) in a local tertiary institution of HKSAR; and
- Submit together with the application form (at Annex B), an essay of not more than 300 words (either in Chinese or English) on why you apply for the Scheme and what you would like to achieve for it.
- A higher priority should be given to those who have not participated in the Scheme before.
The Civil Service Bureau of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) has launched an internship scheme for students with disabilities since 2016. The scheme aims at promoting a better understanding of the ability and potential of persons with disabilities within the Government and strengthening the competitiveness of students with disabilities before joining the job market.
- An essay of not more than 300 words (either in Chinese or English) on why you apply for this Internship Scheme and what you want to achieve from it
- Application form completed in block letters and in black ink
- HKBU academic transcript (unofficial)
- Medical proof of your special educational needs
Submission of Application
Eligible students should submit a completed application along with a cover letter and required supporting documents by email to email@example.com, 5 p.m., 17 March 2021 (Wed).
Late or incomplete applications will not be processed.
Career Empowerment Platform for People of Differences
WISEmpower 2nd Cohort Recruitment is opened for application. They provide People of Differences (PoDs) with a 5-month job immersion experience via training and real business project to empower them to fit into mainstream employment.
PoDs of Diploma level or above with: Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Physical Impairment, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) & Learning Disabilities.
- 2-month pre-job training on business curriculum & ability enhancement, business communication, leadership and project management, career planning, survival skills at the workplace, interpersonal skills, etc.
- 3-month job placement in dedicated employers’ office
- Personalized inclusive job coaching
- Business projects at Dialogue Experience
For details, please refer to the programme documents by clicking here.
Application Deadline: 21 February 2021
Ms Delphica Chan / Mr Henry Tang
Phone: 2310-0482 / 2310-0483
- Job matching (Full-time / Part-time / Summer jobs)
- Coaching and guidance on job search skills:
- CV Polishing / Advice on Cover Letter writing
- Mock Interview / Interview Techniques
- Post-placement Follow-up service
Selective Placement Division, Labour Department
CareER Jockey Club Thriving Grass Career Development Program
CareER Jockey Club Thriving Grass Career Development Program (Thriving Grass) is a pioneering career development program in Hong Kong, designed to provide self-development opportunities to improve employability and raise workplace confidence.
This three-year program is tailored for higher educated persons with disabilities and Special Educational Needs (SEN). During the program, participants will engage in a variety of capability building activities to build self-confidence, improve personal competencies, as well as develop leadership and communication skills. The program aims to prepare participants for leadership roles in the workplace across industries – from NGOs to social enterprises, from public sectors to private sectors – and in the community.
Thriving Grass started as a pilot program two years ago in 2019. It has garnered success through earnest support from a vast array of stakeholders, including many inclusive employers, SENs-aware professionals, and our members. In the span of two years, 80+ internship placements were made, with rave reviews from employers and interns alike. With the backing from the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Thriving Grass will continue as a 3-year program.
Application: Closed for 2019. The new round of this programme for 2021 will start soon. Please stay tuned!
MTR Summer Internship Programme for Students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Interns will be placed in one of the disciplines ranging from railway operations, railway and property development projects, property management, business development to other support functions. Work period: July to August
Application: Closed for 2019. Please stay tuned for further updates.