HKBU Alumni Gratitude Fund (AGF) 香港浸會大學恩傳資助
The Fund was set up with donations raised by the Village CARE Campaign in 2019. A group of HKBU alumni pledged a sum donation in support of students with special educational needs (SSEN). The Fund represents a way to show the alumni’s gratitude to their alma mater, an encouragement for the next generation of students to thrive in their own way.
- Through providing financial assistance to SSEN for their study and learning, it is expected: To facilitate the SSEN’s adjustment and adaptation in the University.
- To enhance the sense of belonging, support and care of SSEN.
Full-time HKBU students studying UGC funded programmes, registered with special educational needs, as categorised as follows:
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing Impairment
- Mental Illnesses
- Physical/Mobility Disabilities
- Speech Impairment and/or Language Impairment
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Visceral Disability / Chronic Illness
- Visual Impairment
- Multiple Types of Disabilities
Selection Method and Criteria
1. Applications will be assessed on the basis of the followings:
- Effectiveness and need on the use of the proposed item/service in facilitating the applicant’s learning.
- The impact on enhancing the applicant’s university life experience.
2. Preference will be given to eligible applicants who have never received any SEN-related funding before.
3. Retrospective applications will not be considered and funded normally. Special medical intervention related to a disability/SEN may be considered with strong justifications.
4. An average allocation of the grant shall be applied to each SEN category. Applications would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. Only one successful application will be granted for a SSEN per academic year.
6. Up to eight recipients per year subject to the availability of the funding source.
7. Maximum Fundable Amount
- Each applicant will be granted not more than HK$20,000 per academic year.
- Funding will be granted for one year at a time for each applicant and will be subject to the availability of funds.
- Discretion will be exercised to approve additional funds for items/services with strong justifications
The application period opens from 1st July to 30th June each academic year.
Interested students should:
1. complete the online application form,
2. submit the following supporting documents to USSEN via email:
(a) Supporting/information of the medical intervention/special transportation service related to the disability;
(b) At least one quotation for a single purchase at HKD12,000 or below; or at least two quotations for a single purchase up to HKD15,000; or at least three quotations for a single purchase up to HKD20,000 shall be provided along with all supporting documents. An applicant is required to provide an original or a photocopy of the certified copy of the price quotation.
Successful applicants shall:
1. be notified of application results within five working weeks after submission of all required documents/meeting held and further information provided if any;
2. receive and sign an offer letter of the fund;
3. submit the following documents within two calendar weeks upon receipt of the assistive aid or service:
(a) a sharing article,
(b) original invoice and receipt from the service provider,
(c) bank account details and
(d) three photos;
4. not submit the above documents late as this may result in score deduction in applying for other HKBU SEN-related financial schemes;
5. be invited to present/share the application and outcomes;
6. receive reimbursement normally in around 8 - 12 weeks upon acceptance of the final auditing and submission of documents; and
7. hold valid HKBU full-time equivalent (FTE) studentship at the time of reimbursement, or no approved fund will be reimbursed USSEN reserves the final rights on the decisions of subsidy allocation and guidelines amendment at any time as appropriate.
For any enquires, please contact us at the Unit for Students with Special Educational Needs, Counseling and Development Centre, Office of Student Affairs:
Tel : +852 3411 2806
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Room DLB704A, Level 7, David C. Lam Building, Shaw Campus
Mondays to Fridays – 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays – Closed