Introductory Session of Inclusion Student Ambassador Programme 2021-2022
Date: 28 September 2021 (Tuesday)
Time: 2:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mode: Online via Zoom
Online Application: Log in to SLES and complete the online application form
The 2.5-hour introductory webinar aims to provide an overview of the Inclusion Student Ambassador Programme 2021-2022. We are very pleased to invite guest speakers from SLCO Community Resources Limited (SLCO-CR) and staff from the Unit for Students with Special Educational Needs to share professional experiences about supporting university students with disabilities/special educational needs (SEN). Topics include:
• Introducing different SEN types in the university settings;
• Equipping participants with useful conversational phrases and signs when interacting with Deaf people;
• Learning about the uniqueness of the Deaf community in terms of language and culture;
• Making good use of various communicative strategies when interacting with Deaf people;
• Busting some common misunderstandings regarding the Deaf community;
• Exploring HKBU support services to students with special educational needs; and
• Cultivating an inclusive and welcoming campus by getting to know the Inclusion Student Ambassador Programme 2021-2022
• The workshop would be conducted in English, supplementary by Hong Kong Sign Language (HKSL).
• Please note that by participating in the captioned briefing session, you will be admitted to the Inclusion Student Ambassador Programme 2021-2022. Please get in touch with us on or before 30 Sep 2021 if you wish to withdraw from the programme.
• For eligible students who cannot attend the introductory session on 28 Sep 2021 but wish to become an Inclusion Student Ambassador for AY2021/22, a make-up session may be held, depending on the availability of participants. Please send us an email (email@example.com) by noon of 21 Sep 2021 to discuss your request.