Start main content


Hong Kong International Airport (bird-view)

Hong Kong International Airport (bird-view)

Shenzhen Baoan International Airport

Shenzhen Baoan International Airport

Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is located in front of the Lion Rock in the Southern Kowloon Peninsula. Positioned between Junction Road and Waterloo Road in Kowloon Tong, HKBU is only 20 minutes away from the MTR station by walking. Students can also go to the campus by bus or minibus.

Upon arriving Hong Kong, Mainland students can come to HKBU by the following ways:

From the Hong Kong International Airport

Option 1 - Airport Bus
Route: Airport bus No.E22 (To Lam Tin North) → get off at Kam Shing Road / Junction Road → arrive HKBU
Journey Time:1 hr approx.

Option 2 - MTR
Route: Airport to Tsing Yi (Airport Express) → Tsing Yi to Lai King (Tung Chung Line) → Lai King to Prince Edward (Tsuen Wan Line) → Prince Edward to Kowloon Tong (Kwun Tong Line) → walking / taxi → arrive HKBU
Journey Time:1 hr approx.

Option 3 - Taxi
Route: Airport to HKBU directly
Journey Time:45 mins approx.

From the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge

Option - Airport Bus
Route:Airport bus No.E22 (To Lam Tin North) → get off at Kam Shing Road / Junction Road → arrive HKBU
Journey Time:1 hr approx.

From Hong Kong West Kowloon High Speed Rail Station

Option 1 - MTR
Route:Walking from Hong Kong West Kowloon High Speed Rail Station to Austin → Austin to Hung Hom (Tuen Ma line) → Hung Hom to Kowloon Tong (East Rail Line) → walking / taxi → arrive HKBU
Journey Time:45 mins approx.

Option 2 - Taxi
Route:West Kowloon to HKBU directly
Journey Time: 25 mins approx.

Form Shenzhen Bay Port

Option - Shenzhen Bay Port Bus
Route: Shenzhen Bay Port bus from Shenzhen Bay Port to Kowloon Tong → walking / taxi → arrive HKBU
Journey Time:1 hr 20 mins approx.



How to get to HKBU campus from Kowloon Tong MTR Station? 

Method 1: On foot (Tutorial)

Method 2: By minibus ( Route / Tutorial)

(Chinese Version Only)

Mainland students must apply for an adult Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID card) within 30 days of arrival at Hong Kong. Students can make prior appointment and submit the application for HKID card at the selected office. Students with HKID card are eligible to use the “Hong Kong Resident Channel” for entry to or exit from Hong Kong.  The Macau Individual Visit Permit is not needed for travelling between Hong Kong and Macau.

According to the "Immigration Ordinance", a HKID card holder aged 15 or above must keep his/her HKID card properly and have it with him/her at all times. A police officer has the power to inspect the proof of identity of any person. If the person fails to produce his proof of identity for inspection on demand, the police officer may issue a verbal warning, bring the person back to the police station for further enquiry, take summons action or even arrest the person concerned.

It should be noted that according to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the HKID number is important personal data.  The complete set of ID number should not be disclosed to unauthorized persons without caution.

1. Application

Registration period: Within 30 days of arrival
Supporting document:
  1. Mainland China Resident Identity Card
  2. Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau
  3. Visa (Entry Permit Label / "Pink label")

  4. Landing slip ("White slip")

  5. Proof of HK Address

  6. HKBU Student ID Card

Processing time: about two weeks
Fee: Free for the first registration, however a fee of $370 is required for replacement.
Hong Kong Identity Card Registration Offices:
Online booking:
Telephone booking: 2598 0888

Remarks: Students who are still aged under 18 after 30 days of arrival should apply for the juvenile HKID card for people aged 11 to 17. The juvenile HKID card should be replaced when students reached 18. Students who will reach 18 within 30 days of arrival can apply for the adult HKID card directly.

2. Replacement

Students must notify the Immigration Department within 14 days and apply for a replacement if they have lost the HKID Card.

  1. Go to any report rooms of the Hong Kong Police to obtain a reported loss memo.
    (Report rooms of the Hong Kong Police:
  2. Make an online appointment again and apply HKID Card replacement.


Within 3 months of arrival, Mainland students must register at the Education, Science and Technology Department of Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in Hong Kong (LOCPG).

Target: 1.  Full-time Mainland students who study undergraduate, master or doctoral degrees in Hong Kong
2.  Scholar who will be working at university in Hong Kong for more than 6 months
Online registration:

Octopus card (stored-value pass) is a common smart card payment system in Hong Kong. It is applicable in most public transportations, dining places, retail shops and recreational facilities.

Full-time students under the age of 25 can apply for Personalized Octopus Card with “Student Status” to enjoy MTR concessionary fares at 50% off.

Eligibility: Full-time students aged below 25


Online Application:

Application fee:

(The fee includes deposit of HK$50; administrative fees of HK$20 charged by MTR Corporation Limited; and a service charge of HK$20 payable to Octopus Cards Limited.)

Octopus Customer Service Hotline: 2266 2222
Lost Octopus Reporting Hotline (24 hours): 2266 2266
MTR Hotline: 2881 8888

There are two types of SIM cards in Hong Kong: value-added card and service plan.

Value-added card:
Similar to the SIM cards in Mainland China, value-added cards provide fixed amount of mobile call time and mobile data. Value can added to the SIM card when the call time and/or data is nearly used up. Value-added card can be purchased at convenient stores and telecom operators.  However, unlike that of Mainland China, no registration is required for purchasing value-added card.

Service Plan:
Service plan is provided on monthly basis. Students can choose for a suitable plan accordingly to their needs. Applicants for “service plan” should be 18 or above. HKID card and a residential address proof are required for registering a mobile number. Students aged under 18 can purchase value-added card first

Below are the commonly used telecom operators and their websites.

Telecom operators Website
China Mobile
SUN Mobile