Induction for Mainland Postgraduate Students
Welcome to HKBU!
Every year, the Mainland Student Services Unit (MSS) organise the Induction for Mainland Postgraduate Students to facilitate Mainland postgraduate students’ adjustment in Hong Kong.
Date: 1st September 2023 (Friday)
Venue: AC Hall, Ho Sin Hang Campus
Different expertise from both inside and outside the University will be invited, including senior psychological counsellor who understands students’ adaption and psychological needs, experienced Mainland student services officer, officer from the Career Centre, representatives from the Hong Kong Police Force and the Independent Commission Against Corruption, etc., to introduce school resources and practical information about studying in HKBU and living in Hong Kong, which will facilitate your adjustment in Hong Kong.
- Cultural adjustment: explain the psychological change of the cultural adjustment process and provide practical suggestions for you to adjust quicker
- Campus resources: introduce the campus resources for Mainland students, including IT resources, learning enhancement activities, etc.
- Useful resources for living in Hong Kong: introduce resources, like common APPs, for your daily life in Hong Kong
- Common scams in Hong Kong: present the common scams which Mainland students often encountered and tell you how to deal with them
- Anti-corruption in Hong Kong: introduce the corruption prevention work in Hong Kong
- Introduction to Postgraduate Association: introduce the student society in HKBU which is composed of postgraduate students
- Participation in setting up of University regulations: introduce the channel of participating in setting up University regulations
Please submit the online enrolment form before 30th August 2023.