Induction for Mainland Postgraduate Students
(According to the most recent suggestions on COVID-19 precautionary measures by the UGC and the University, the details of this Induction has been updated on 3 August 2021.)
Welcome to HKBU!
Every year, the Mainland Student Services Unit (MSS) organise the Induction for Mainland Postgraduate Students to facilitate Mainland postgraduate students’ adjustment in Hong Kong.
Date: 3rd September 2021 (Friday)
The event is divided into two parts:
- Adjustment Talks on practical information for life in HKBU and HK
- Virtual Campus Tour
This informative session will be delivered by speakers of different expertise, including a senior psychological counsellor and an experienced Mainland student services officer. They will provide practical information about studying in HKBU and living in Hong Kong, which will facilitate your adjustment in Hong Kong.
- Cultural adjustment: explain the psychological change of the cultural adjustment process and provide practical suggestions for you to adjust quicker
- Campus resources: introduce the campus resources for Mainland students, including IT resources, learning enhancement activities, etc.
- Useful resources for living in Hong Kong: introduce resources, like common APPs, for your daily life in Hong Kong
- Common phone scams in Hong Kong: present the common scams which Mainland students often encountered and tell you how to deal with them
- Introduction to Postgraduate Association: introduce the student society in HKBU which is composed of postgraduate students
- Participation in setting up of University regulations: introduce the channel of participating in setting up University regulations
Virtual Campus Tour
A student guide will lead you to walk around the campus virtually via ZOOM. During the tour, the campus environment and different important facilities will be introduced, so that you can get to well known to the campus early before the start of school life.
Please submit the online enrolment form before 2nd September 2021.
After completing the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a unique link before the event*. The link is unique and can be use by one person (i.e. you) only. Please do not share the link with others.
*Please note that the confirmation email may be regarded as spam by the system, please also check your spam box.
*Please download and install the ZOOM app through the link below before the Induction for Mainland Postgraduate Students