1. You are expected to
- Receive 1-4 non-local undergraduate student(s). You can specify your preference for Mainland or overseas students, and the number of students to receive.
- Arranges at least two social gatherings, such as home visit, sightseeing, hiking, etc., with the student(s). You are welcome to organise as many gatherings as you want.
- Maintains frequent contact and a good relationship with the student(s).
- Join the Host Family Programme Kick-off Ceremony cum first meeting to meet with your student(s). You are also welcome to join the other programme events which are optional.
2. You are not expected to provide accommodation for student(s).
1. You are expected to
- Be willing to connect with a local culture and be open to the local culture.
- Maintains frequent contact and a good relationship with the host family.
- Be responsive to families’ invitations to social events and participate actively in the gatherings organised by the host family. (At least two gatherings are arranged by families during the programme period.)
- Join the Host Family Programme Kick-off Ceremony cum first meeting to meet with your host family. You are also welcome to join the other programme events which are optional.
2. You are not required to reside with your host family.
You should be either…
- A staff member of HKBU Or
- A member of a recognised community organisation (e.g. churches, charity organisations, etc.) and are recommended by the organisation.*
*If your institution/ organisation is interested in becoming a partner of the programme, please feel free to contact us (email: email@example.com; tel: 3411 7435).
You should be a non-local undergraduate new student.
The programme runs from September to end of July next year. Many families and students who joined the programme in the past developed a long-lasting relationship and kept in touch for many years after the programme ended.
Date: 18 September 2021
Time: 3:00pm – 4:30pm
Venue: Tsang Chan Sik Yue Auditorium (AAB201), 2/F, Academic and Administration Building, Baptist University Road Campus
1. Kick-off Ceremony
2. Free time for chit-chatting
* Due to the pandemic, no refreshment will be provided this year to reduce the risk of infection. After the Kick-off Ceremony, families and students are welcome to stay in the venue and chit chat.
A Day at Tai O 2021-22 (Families and students please feel free to join.)
Date: 2 October 2021
Meeting point: HKBU campus
1. Meet up at HKBU campus
2. Transportation from HKBU campus to the destination
3. Free time for families and students at the destination
Transportation fee: $25/each (No return transportation will be provided)
Application: Register during the Host Family Programme Kick-off Ceremony
** Family and students can make their own plan before the trip.
CNY Fun Day 2021-22 (Families and students please feel free to join.)
Date: 22 January 2022
Time: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Venue: i-Café, 3/F, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus
1. Badminton game time
2. Chinese New Year party
Application: To be announced by email and messaging apps at the beginning of 2nd semester