New Student Orientation Day
New Student Orientation 2017
New Student Orientation Day is the first event to greet and welcome our freshmen. It lays the foundation of our Whole Person Education, with the following objectives:
- Introduce and familiarize the freshmen with the unique University environment, culture, and resources that will support their personal, academic, and career planning throughout their course of study;
- Cultivate a sense of belonging and connectedness among the freshmen;
- Promote freshmen’s enthusiasm for active campus involvement; and
- Nurture freshmen a mindset for whole person development and life-long learning.
- New Student Orientation Day
New Student Orientation Day* – Schedule
|15 Aug 2017||Arts, Chinese Medicine, Communication, Science|
|16 Aug 2017||Business, Social Sciences, Visual Arts|
*Senior year places students from College of International Education, HKBU were exempted from attending the New Student Orientation Programme.
New Student Orientation Day – Programme Rundown
|09:15 – 09:45||
Registration at Reception Desk (OEE 601-605, Ho Sin Hang Campus)
Collection of UG Gown (Academic Community Hall - Lobby)
|10:00 – 11:00||Launching Session (Academic Community Hall)|
|11:15 – 12:00||Whole Person Development Assessment|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch|
|13:10 – 14:20||Team Building Activities#|
|14:30 – 16:30||Personal Transformation Workshop^|
#Casual wear is required
^Personal Transformation Workshop for International Students will be held on 17 August 2017 (Thu) at 9:00am at AAB503.
Peer Mentor Arrangement
To facilitate freshmen’s transition to the university, peer mentors, who are senior students from different faculties and schools, will be assigned to freshmen of the same course of study. With the support and guidance from peer mentors, freshmen will be able to expand their social network in the university and experience a delightful campus life. For more details on the Peer Mentor Programme, please click here.
All new students who attend the New Student Orientation Day 2017 will receive a laptop case (13").
Tel: 3411 2326 / 3411 7436
* Information Session on Government Financial Assistances (Grant/Loan) *
(for UGC-funded local new students only)
Date: 11 Aug 2017 (Fri)
Time: 2pm - 3:45pm
Venue: Academic Community Hall (AC Hall), HSH Campus, HKBU
Free seating. First come, first served.
New students who have financial need and would like to apply for Government financial assistance 2017/18 are strongly recommended to attend this Information Session.
For more details, please click HERE.