To enable students with disabilities and special educational needs actively engage in campus life, various support services and accessible facilities are available:
- Campus Accessibility
All buildings on campus comply with the Statutory Regulations for “Buildings to be planned for use for disabled person”. Most buildings on campus are accessible via ramps or lifts. As the buildings were completed at different stages, their provisions for students with disabilities are in accordance with statutory requirements at the time of their completion and may therefore, vary slightly. In this connection, small-scale improvements have been and will continue to be made to improve accessibility and safety matching the provisions with the latest statutory requirements. Some of the barrier-free facilities equipped/built on campus are:
- Emergency call alarms are installed in disabled toilets.
- Ramps, railings and tactile guide paths are installed on campus.
- Lifts designated for the disabled are installed with Braille and tactile markings on the lift control panels and equipped with voice announcement function.
- Most of the escalators are equipped with audible warning signals to help the visually impaired identify the running direction of the escalators.
- Wheelchair lifting machine
Enquiries on specific accessible facilities can be directed to the Estates Office’s 24-hour Security Control Centre on:
Ho Sin Hang Campus: 34115555
Shaw Campus: 34117777
Baptist University Road Campus 34116442
Full-time students with disabilities or special individual needs and studying UGC-funded undergraduate or postgraduate programmes can apply for residential hall with special arrangement subject to reasonable and feasible arrangements. Medical certification and professional assessment report are required.
Please note that students with SEN are still required to submit an on-line application within the application period, kindly refer application procedure as shown below (same as other students). For new students, you are encouraged to establish contacts with UG Hall Office as soon as you have received an offer letter of admission in early August.
- Activate the Single-Sign-On Account for IT Services in order to apply for hall via the University Cyber Port System (BUniPort).
- Go to BUniPort > U-Life > Hall Residence.
- Read carefully the Undertaking and then submit the application.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent to you after your submission. Please contact the Undergraduate Halls if you do not receive the email.
Payment of Hall Fees
- After you have submitted the hall application, a debit note will be posted to your Hall Application page. (i.e. BUniPort > U-Life > Hall Residence).
- Read the debit note and follow the payment instruction to settle the hall fee payment before the payment due date.
- Payment after the payment due date will NOT be accepted.
Telephone: 3411 2600
Fax: 3411 2757
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for UG on-campus Accommodation)
Address: G/F, South Tower, Undergraduate Halls, 5 Baptist University Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Primary health care and subsidized dental care services are available to eligible students.
Further information and appointment booking service are available via the University Medical Clinic operated by a medical group under contract with the University in the Health Services Centre.
Enquiries for Medical Services (Health Services Centre): 3411 7447
Enquiries for Off-campus Dental Service: Enrolment in Dental Scheme: 3411 2312
Dental charges & appointment service: 6222 1333
For details, please click here.
The Counselling and Development Centre of the Office of Student Affairs provides free, confidential counseling to eligible students. To help students explore and understand themselves better so that they can become more self-directing and self-actualizing individual. Programmes on personal development are also available at the Centre.
For details, please click here.