Register with us
Students with disabilities or diverse individual needs wish to receive additional support and special arrangements, please register with us.
- Students are invited to declare their disability or special educational needs (SEN) to the Academic Registry on voluntary basis at early September when they are newly admitted to HKBU via email.
- Applicants are required to submit medical proofs and supporting documents of the declared SEN (i.e. professional assessment reports, previous public examination or college special arrangements proof) in person.
- Consent to release confidential information is to be obtained from the student to facilitate communication with parties concerned.
- Applicants will receive application result notification via email.
- The Unit for Students with Special Educational Needs (USSEN) will contact the registered student for an individual meeting to discuss about the further support that would be appropriate, reasonable and effective.
- USSEN staff will liaise with those units concerned on support services requested in order to facilitate student’s university life.
- To provide relevant information and sufficient documentation to support your requests.
- To participate in your support planning and implementation process, such as checking with your course instructors on the special arrangements prior to in-class assessment dates, collecting feedback from course instructors on what works for you and what needs to be modified.
- To update the Academic Registry of any changes to your needs and/or difficulties
- Students are strongly encouraged to register the special educational needs, if any, as early as possible. Current students are also welcome to register the special educational needs anytime during the study when such needs arise. For enquiries, please contact USSEN at 3411 2806 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Confidential data obtained from a registered student is used to enhance the coordination work with different parties for providing personal and support services. The University will not share any personal data with any non-University party except where it is essential and under strict privacy agreement, or that it is required by law / regulation. The data collected will be handled with strict security and confidentiality and in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong.
- Consent to release confidential information would be sought from the student during the declaration process. The registered student can request to review and amend the consent information any time during the course of study at HKBU. The given consent will expire upon graduation.