HKBU Alumni Gratitude Scholarship (AGS)
The Scholarship was set up with donations raised by the V-CARE Campaign in 2019. A group of HKBU alumni pledged a sum donation in support of students with special educational needs (SSEN). The Scholarship represents a way to show the alumni’s gratitude to their alma mater, an encouragement for the next generation of students to thrive in their own way.
To recognize the SSEN in pursuit of excellence in academic, non-academic merits and improvement in academic performance.
- Full-time HKBU students studying UGC funded degree or above level programmes, registered with special educational needs (i.e. physical disability, hearing impairment, visual impairment, speech and language impairment, visceral disability, specific learning disabilities, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, developmental coordination disorder, mental illness, and chronic medical illness, etc.);
- Students who have outstanding or significant improvement in academic performance and record of active participation in extra-curricular, service-learning activities, or internship;
- A SSEN may be awarded the AGS more than once throughout his/her studies, and each application shall be considered based on individual merit and against other applications received in that year.
1. Applications will be assessed on the basis of the followings:
- Good academic standing or significant improvement in the latest 3 semesters, with a cGPA of 2.5 or above after the first semester of 2020/21; for research postgraduate students, recommendation letters from their academic supervisors are required
- Outstanding record of local/global extra-curricular activities
- Active participation in service-learning activities, internship, and enthusiastic in community services.
2. Preference will be given to eligible applicants who have never received any SEN related funding schemes before.
Application Procedure and Timeline
- Please click here to complete and submit relevant supporting documents to the SFA via HKBU Moodle, at or before 5:30 pm on 22 January 2021 (Friday).
- Each student should submit the Application Form once only.
- Once the form is submitted, no modifications can be made.
- The form is a joint application form with the HKSAR Endeavour Merit Award (EMA). Please view the application eligibility of the EMA at https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/sfa/announcement. Eligible applicants will be considered for both AGS and EMA through one application.
- Upon online form submission done, an auto-email will be sent to the applicant. In case no auto-email is received within 10 minutes, the form submission is unsuccessful, and applicants should inform SFA immediately.
- Applicants should then follow the instructions written in the email to upload the required supporting documents (including documentary proofs for awards/scholarships obtained, documentary proofs for participation in extra-curricular activities/community serviced, most recent medical report, one recommendation letter from academic supervisors (for postgraduate applicants only), etc to the SFA via HKBU Moodle, at or before 5:30 pm on 22 January 2021 (Friday).
- Online application without the submission of the documentary proofs will NOT be considered. Partial submissions/late applications will NOT be considered.
- After internal vetting, short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the internal selection panel interview in early February 2021. If you are not able to attend the interview in Hong Kong, please do not apply.
- For postgraduate students, a copy of the most recent medical or professional report which indicates the current level of disability is required.
- Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
Value of Scholarship
Number of Recipient
Up to 10 per year subject to the availability of the funding source.
- The SA reserves the final rights on the decisions of subsidy allocation and guidelines amendment at any time without prior notice as appropriate.
- Awardees are required to submit a sharing passage, 3 photos, and a completed evaluation survey to USSEN within a month upon receipt of the Scholarship.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Unit, Office of Student Affairs
Tel : +852 3411 2307 / 3411 23121
Email : email@example.com
Address : Room WLB401, Level 4, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus
Mondays to Fridays – 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays – Closed