Providence Foundation Bursary for Mainland Students 悟宿基金會內地生助學金 2019-20 (Deadline: 31 Oct 2019)
The Bursary fund is established by Providence Foundation Limited to provide financial assistance to committed and financially needy Mainland students of Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Bursaries will be awarded to full-time undergraduate Mainland students (non-freshman and study in UGC-funded programmes) who have genuine and proven financial need (annual family income at or below RMB 160,000*), and who are committed to their study.
- The bursary recipients should have attained a latest cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above and do not receive any admission scholarship concurrently.
*Incomes include all incomes in any currencies, but not limited to full-time and part-time salary, freelance income, basic salary, bonus, rewards, commission, gratuity, alimony, rental income, monthly pension, social security/financial assistance from private or public fund, contributions from non-household relatives or friends, expenses paid by relatives or friends, business revenue, etc. If family rely on loans for living, please specify.
*Applicants with annual family income over RMB160,000 may also be considered under special circumstances such as high medical expenses.
Amount and number of bursaries
- The amount allocated for each bursary ranges from HK$10,000 to HK$50,000.
- The amount of each bursary and the number of bursaries are based on the actual situation of application, available funding and donors’ approval.
- No bursary would be allocated if there is no suitable candidate.
Please click here to download the application form.
Completed and signed application form together with all relevant supporting documents should be submitted to the Scholarships and Financial Aid Unit, Office of Student Affairs, WLB401, Shaw Campus, at or before 5:30pm on 31 October 2019, during opening hours (Mon-Fri (except public holidays), 9am-1pm and 2pm-5:30pm).
Note: In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, such as extreme weather, that result in the sudden closure of SFA Counter on the day of the deadline, SFA will extend the application deadline to 5:30pm of the following working day.
Application form with e-signature or signature not signed by the person concerned, scanned or photocopy of the application form, incomplete application and late submission of the application form and/or supporting documents will not be considered.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Unit
Office of Student Affairs
Hong Kong Baptist University
Room WLB401, Level 4,
The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus
Telephone: 3411 2302 / 3411 5912
Fax: 3411 2668