Start main content

Joint-Hall O'Night

According to the present University Housing Policy, UGC-funded full-time non-local undergraduate students will be provided with on-campus hostel places in the 1st year of their studies. In their 2nd year of studies, students can apply for on-campus or off-campus accommodation, subject to availability. No University accommodation (on-campus or off-campus) will be provided starting from their 3rd year of studies.
1.The estimated rental charge of off-campus accommodation would be around HK$4,000 to $5,000 per month and the University would not provide any financial subsidy towards the rental charges
2. University Accommodation (on-campus of off-campus) will not be provided for non-local undergraduate students who, after having completed a local or overseas programme, take up senior-year places for articulation to any degree programme at the University.
Students must possess a student status of “Normal Study” as defined by the Academic Registry during the stay in the Student Halls. You may check your student status in BUniPort > Profile > Personal Particulars & Study Record. Students who cease to be classified as “Normal Study” (e.g. taking an internship) will no longer be eligible for student accommodation and will be required to check out of the hall.
Successful hall applicants for 2019/20 are to be offered hall places for full Residential Year from  20 August 2019 to 21 May 2020, both nights inclusive.
Starting from 2018/19, self-paid air conditioning in rooms and laundry machines in 1/F are to be charged up by Octopus Card. Non-local freshmen are strongly recommended to obtain an Octopus Card upon arrival on Hong Kong. Details of Octopus Card could be found HERE
Residents who do not pay the Hall Fees for the Second Semester will be adjusted their residential period to First Semester only and are required to check out by 12 noon on 27 Dec 2019.
Requests for early check-in or late check-out will NOT be considered.
Hall Offer will be recovered for students who fail to pay the Hall Fees on time or check in within 7 days from the first day of the hall offer period, and they will be deemed to have already stayed in the Halls during the hall offer period in their future hall applications.
Application Period : 9 – 19 Jul 2019 (HK Time)
Late application will NOT be accepted!
Eligible students should submit hall applications HERE. Change of hall application information is allowed before the application deadline.
An acknowledgement email will be sent to you shortly after you have successfully submitted or edited the hall application. If you do not receive the acknowledgment email, please contact the Undergraduate Halls as soon as possible.

Hall application result including Hall allocation and room type assignment will be announced via email notification in early August. Room assignment results will be announced upon check-in. 

Hall Fees for students with Full Year hall offer are to be paid by two installments and are NOT transferrable or refundable.
Lodging Fees
1st installment
2nd installment
2-person room in a 4-person unit
2-person room in a 5-person unit
3-person room in a 5-person unit
In addition to lodging fees, all residents need to pay Caution Money ($1,000), Orientation Fee ($300 for first-time residents) and Program Fee ($100) in the 1st installment. For details, click here.
Payment Period of 1st installment:
20 Aug – 30 Aug 2019
Payment Period of 2nd installment:
Early to mid of November
Deferred payment of Hall Fees is not acceptable. Subject to special approval, a penalty of $300 will be levied on students who pay the Hall Fees after deadline.
Payment Method
A Hall Fee debit note will be posted in the BUniPort. Please make sure you have input:
  1. Bill type, and
  2. Debit note number
during your payment process. Direct transfer of money to University bank account is not considered as successful payment. Please click HERE for detailed payment methods. You should keep good custody of the payment record and be able to present it upon request.

All personal data kept and collected will only be used for processing applications, statistical analysis, contact information of Hall residents and their parents/guardian in case of emergency and such other purposes permissible under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. You have the right to access to or correct your personal data kept by the University by logging into the University Cyber Port System (BUniPort).