WHOS logo
*Note: Please use HKBU SSOid to login

Only for Full-time undergraduates (local and non-local), postgraduates* (local and non-local) and sub-degree students (local only)

For enquiries about login issue, please contact: bucareer@hkbu.edu.hk Tel:(852) 3411 7440

Student Helper Weekly Working Hours Operating System (WHOS) is introduced to monitor the working hours of students and prompt advice of balancing work and study. The system only applies for the work assignment which takes place during the academic year. That is, the summer period from June to August is excluded.

System Usage:

1. Before accepting any student helper job offer, login and check the balance of working hours.

2. Input the information of the job.

3. Print the Work Permit and submit it to the staff of user department as proof of eligibility to work on campus.

4. If the actual working hours are less than the inputted hours, you should complete the form "Amendment of Working Hours" duly authorized by the user department and submit it to the Career Centre for immediate clearance and record verification within 3 working days.

5. Full-time undergraduates (local and non-local), taught postgraduates (local and non-local) and sub-degree students (local only) would be eligible to undertake part-time work on campus for no more than 17 hours per week (Sunday to Saturday).

6. If your division would like to engage a helper to work 18 hours or more in a week and for a continuous period of 4 weeks, the division should contact Human Resources Office for processing a continuous part-time employment prior to the start of employment.

*For research postgraduates(RPG) who need to access WHOS, please contact Career Centre.

All personal data collected and retained will be used for processing applications, statistical analysis, management of career services and programmes, including promotion of services/activities and notifications, contacting students, and other purposes permissible under the Privacy Policy Statement and Personal Information Collection Statement of the University. Please click HERE for details. You have the right to access to or correct your personal data kept by the University by logging into the University Cyber Port System (BUniPort) and contacting the relevant Departmental Personal Data Privacy Manager.

For enquiries, please contact Career Centre
Address: WLB402, 4/F, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus
Tel: 3411 7440