Wofoo Foundation Outstanding Leaders Awards (WOLA)
The “Wofoo Foundation Outstanding Leaders Awards” is established through endowment from Wofoo Foundation. The Awards recognize outstanding students whose demonstration on leadership, service and civic education has made a significant impact within the University and the community. The Scholarship affirms present achievement, seek to encourage further work on the part of the awardees, and hope to motivate peers to follow their lead in service, to promote civic responsibilities and enhance sense of belongings to Hong Kong community and our Country as a whole, thus building up a harmonious society. Besides, Awardees shall be invited to join as youth fellows of Wofoo Social Enterprises (WSE) and peer leaders of Wofoo Leaders’ Network (WLN) to serve the community and to promote civic education.
Depends on decision of the selection panel, a maximum of 6 Gold Awards and 8 Silver Awards will be given each year with HK$10,000 and HK$5,000 respectively. Selected candidates shall join together to carry out a community engagement or service project. The award will be confirmed and be released ater they have completed the project satisfactorily.
- HKBU full time undergraduate students who are not in their first year of study at the University; and
- Member of HKBU Wofoo Leaders’ Network
The applicant should:
- Actively participate in various activities organized by Wofoo Leader's Network(WLN), and demonstrate outstanding leadership (such as being an OC or a group leader);
- Actively participate in various activities organized by Wofoo Social Enterprises(WSE), with satisfactory performance or as a coordinator;
- Maintain a good academic performance.
Moreover, their following participation would also be considered:
- Other recognized Co-Curricular Learning (CCL) events or activities;
- Leading role in non-profit making organization within or outside HKBU, i.e. committee member;
- Coordinator or leader in service, exchange or training programmes within or outside HKBU.
- 14 October, 2019
- - Application Starts;
- 8 November, 2019
- - Deadline of Application;
- 30 November, 2019
- - Selection Interview;
- 16 December, 2019
- - Result Announcement;
- 20 December, 2019
- - Candidates Meeting;
- January to March, 2020
- - Community Project*;
- Late April, 2020
- - Award Presentation Ceremony;
WOLA 2019-20 Application deadline: 8 November 2019, 5:00pm
- Download application form HERE.
- Complete and return the application form with all necessary documents before deadline.
- Invite a referee to fill in and return the Leadership Assessment Form before deadline.
- Return hard copies of all necessary forms and documents to Leadership Qualities Centre, Office of Student Affairs (address: Room 401, Level 4, the Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus).
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.