HKBU Backpacker Learning 2021-22
About “HKBU Backpacker Learning 2021-22”
In the past two years, many international exchange and global exposure have plunged dramatically due to the pandemic. HKBU Backpacker Learning Programme aims to support student-initiated outbound projects for learning, flourishing, and serving the community by offering suitable amount of sponsorship.
Why should we join this programme?
- Develop students’ global perspective and awareness of international affairs
- Foster students’ caring spirit for the community
- Enrich students with meaningful exposure and experience
- Enhance students’ qualities and skills
- Full-time undergraduate students studying in UGC-funded programmes
- Have not been awarded with scholarship under Mainland and Overseas Expedition Fund (MOEF) or International Fund (Intl-F) before
- 2-4 students
Application and Selection Procedure
- Interested students are encouraged to fill in a Google form and attend a briefing session prior to their application (15 Sept 2021, 5-6pm)
- Submit completed application form with a PowerPoint in no more than 12 slides covering project objectives, features, itinerary, budget plan, risk management, overseas partners, applicants’ particulars, etc.
- Shortlisted teams will be invited to attend a screening interview
- Social values & impacts to communities
- Learning elements
- Presentation Skills
- Efficient use of budget
- Added value to HKBU
Winning team will be awarded a proportion (30% to 50%) of their proposed budget or total expenses, whichever is lower. The maximum award per person will be $10,000.