Orientation Information for Student Officers
This is a one-stop wesite for student officers to locate all important information related to the conduct of orientation activities. Information on this website would be updated from time to time. Please stay tuned.
Please update details of your orientation activities via the online platform.
- Summer Schedule
You are welcome to apply for financial subsidies and loans for your orientation camps. Please refer to the following websites regarding the application eligibility, procedures and other details.
Meanwhile, please take note of the following points when seeking for sponsorship from external parties for orientation activities.
- Remember to be cautious, polite and keep a decent manner; you are representing the University and your Society.
- The terms of agreement and the liabilities with the sponsors have to be clear and well understood. You must ensure that you are able to comply with the terms before signing any agreements or contracts. Once a/an contract/agreement is signed, it would be your responsibility to fulfill it.
- University venues and facilities must not be used in return for sponsorship or any kinds of interests.
- Other than the promotion of the University's designated affinity card of Hang Seng Bank, promotion of any kinds of commercial products/services/activities conducted by external parties is prohibited on campus.
- If sponsorships are offered on the condition of credit card or commercial product promotion to students, please pay attention to the terms of agreement and handle students’ personal data in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Any possible conflicts should be avoided.
Reservation of Sports Halls Managed by the Department of Sport and Physical Education
(The following information is provided by the Department of Sport and Physical Education)
- Student organizations shall check the availability of and apply for the use of sports hall directly at Wai Hang Sports Centre.
- Student organizations may apply for waiver of rental charges for orientation activities (for students enrolled in UGC-funded programmes only) if the reservations of use are during the regular opening hours: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. on Mondays to Saturdays and 12:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. on Sundays.
- Reservations for extension of use until 11:00 p.m. could be applied with additional charge for uses of the below 2 venues during the period of 16 - 31 August 2019. Applications have to be submitted to Wai Hang Sports Centre before 16 July 2019. Please refer to the charges as below:
Venue Additional Charge Dr Stephen Hui Sports Hall $140 Sports Hall in Madam Kwok Chung Bo Fun Sports and Cultural Centre $140