Subsidy towards Orientation Camps
Due to the limited availability of bed spaces in the Undergraduate Halls (UGH) in the summer for student societies’ orientation camps, student societies are encouraged to reserve off-campus venues for holding overnight activities for their freshmen. This financial subsidy is to support student societies in organizing orientation camps in off-campus venues.
Eligibility for Application
- Academic societies registered with the Office of Student Affairs or the Students’ Union
- Overnight orientation camps held in off-campus venues
- Only the accommodation cost for each freshmen participant (enrolled in UGC-funded programmes), including senior-year entrants, is included in the calculation of subsidy
$20/night for each freshmen participant enrolled in UGC-funded programmes.
An additional 30% of subsidies OR a maximum of HK$1,500.00 per activity may be granted if such activity is organized by student organization(s) which have fulfilled the requirements of CODE Programme. Each eligible student organization could ONLY make one application.
- The completed application form shall be submitted in person to the Office of Student Affairs 6 weeks prior to the start of the camp or earlier, with the proposal and financial budget of the orientation camp.
- The reimbursement of subsidy will be arranged upon the receipt of the full set of reporting documents after the completion of orientation camp (submissions shall be done within one month after the camp), together with the original receipts and the list of freshmen participants duly signed.
- Acknowledgement of the sponsorship from the Hong Kong Baptist University Student Activities Fund shall be included in all publicity materials.
- The Office of Student Affairs reserves the final rights for applications approval and the final decisions of the amount of subsidy to be allocated.
Online Evaluative Report
For any enquires, please contact Ms. Karriann Chu of the Office of Student Affairs:
Phone: 3411 7883
Address: Room 401, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus