Interest-free Loan for Orientation Camps
Student organizations are advised to reserve campsites as earliest as possible for orientation camps. When student organizations receive offers from campsites, they are required to pay for the charges for the use of the campsites. Before they collect camp fees from participants, they might encounter difficulties in having insufficient liquid capital to settle the payment. In this regard, the student organizations concerned could apply to the Office of Student Affairs for an interest-free loan.
Student organizations registered with the Office of Student Affairs or the Students' Union are eligible for this application.
In general, student organizations should follow the below flow of procedures for the application:
- reserve campsite
- obtain confirmation from camsite and information of the payment to the campsite
- complete part A of the application form
- submit the completed application form and the required documents to the Office of Student Affairs in person
- if the application is approved, bring along with the student organization chop and obtain the cheque payable to the campsite from the Office of Student Affairs, and settle the payment with the campsite
- before the start of the camp, issue a cheque payable to "Hong Kong Baptist University" in the same amount of the loan granted, collect the form for "Pay back of Interest-free Loan for Organizing Orientation Camps" from the Office of Student Affairs in person, submit to the Finance Office, and return the form with Finance Office's confirmation to the Office of Student Affairs.
Remarks: it usually takes three to four weeks' time for Finance Office's issuing a cheque, therefore, applications shall be submitted at least one month before the payment deadline as required by the campsite.
For any enquires, please contact Ms. Yvonne Wong of the Office of Student Affairs:
Address: Room 401, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus