Global Engagement Squad (GES)
Global Engagement Squad (GES) is an event-organizing committee team for international students under HKBU International Association (IA) to promote inclusiveness and internationalization of HKBU.
To provide incentives to the international students promote internationalization in HKBU
To enhance the involvement of international students in HKBU community
To raise international awareness to the whole community of HKBU
To assist international students adapt better in HKBU
Full-time international students, which are members of IA, can feel free to apply to GES.
- Organizes activities which will be funded and/or supported by SA
- Provides feedback on the campus life of international students to SA
ABOUT THE ACTIVITIES
- The events proposed can be anything, as long as it achieves at least one of the following:
- Promote particular culture
- Enhance the cultural exchange within the university
- Take care of the needs of international students in certain times (CNY, Sem break, etc)
- The GES are free to decide the composition of the event organizers / committees, whether they would like to include local / Mainland / exchange students or not.
- The activities can be on / off campus, but are limited only in Hong Kong
- Budget is up to HK$10,000 depending on the scale of the event*
- Max 5 events will be approved per semester
- There will be awards for events with best criterias!!
- Cultural Interactions
- Cultural Needs & Promotion
- Enrichment in Learning & Knowledge
- Contribution to the University / local community
- Submit application online
- Attend the briefing
- Make a proposal
- Have progress meeting(s) with SA colleagues
- Implement the event
- Write reflection report about the event, self-development and achievement in internationalization one week after event date
- Each committee member would be recognized with certificate
Notes: *This is a special funding, which is subject to review in the future
EVENTS OF 2017/2018
EVENTS OF 2018/2019