Global Engagement Squad (GES)
Global Engagement Squad (GES) is an event-organising committee team for international students to promote the inclusiveness and internationalisation of HKBU.
To provide incentives to the international students to promote internationalisation in HKBU
To enhance the involvement of international students in the HKBU community
To raise global awareness among the whole community of HKBU
To assist international students in adapting better to HKBU
Full-time international students can feel free to apply to GES.
- Organises activities which will be funded and supported by SA
- Provides feedback on the campus life of international students to SA
ABOUT THE ACTIVITIES
- The events proposed can be anything, as long as it achieves at least one of the following:
- Promote particular culture
- Enhance the cultural exchange within the university
- Take care of the needs of international students
- The GES are free to decide the composition of the event organisers/committees, whether they would like to include local / Mainland/exchange students or not.
- The activities can be on / off-campus but are limited only to Hong Kong
- The budget is up to HK$10,000 depending on the scale of the event*
- Max 5 events will be approved per semester
- Cultural Interactions
- Cultural Needs & Promotion
- Enrichment in Learning & Knowledge
- Contribution to the University / local community
- Contact Miss Kiwi Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org from SA
- Make a proposal
- Have progress meeting(s) with SA colleagues
- Implement the event
- All successful applications must submit the following documents within one month upon completion of the funded activity:
- Activity report with:
- Justifications on learning outcome(s) achieved.
- Financial statement with ORIGINAL receipts. (Please stick all receipts on A4 papers and number the receipts following the order of particulars in the financial statement. Hard copies of the receipts should be submitted to the Office of SA)
- At least six photos show different elements of the activity.
- Copy of all promotional materials for the activity.
- List of participants, including their name and student ID.
- Activity report with:
- The following acknowledgement should be included in all promotional materials such as banners, posters and booklet:
"The activity is sponsored by the funding of Global Engagement Squad (GES)".
Notes: *This is special funding, which is subject to review in the future.