Funding of the Global Engagement Squad (GES)
Global Engagement Squad (GES) is an event-organising committee team for current full-time HKBU international students enrolled in UGC-funded undergraduate programmes to promote the inclusiveness and internationalisation in HKBU
Current full-time HKBU international students enrolled in UGC-funded undergraduate programmes
ABOUT THE ACTIVITIES
- The events proposed can be anything if it achieves at least one of the following:
- To promote internationalisation in HKBU
- To enhance the involvement of international students in the HKBU community
- To raise global awareness among the whole community of HKBU
- To assist international students in adapting better to HKBU
- The activities can be on / off-campus but are limited only to Hong Kong
- Up to 80% of the cost or a maximum of HK$10,000 will be granted depending on the scale of the event
- Contribution to the University / local community
- Cultural interactions
- Cultural needs & promotion
- Enrichment in learning and knowledge
- Fosters any of the seven HKBU Graduate Attributes
A completed application must be submitted at least six weeks before the commencement of the programme. Application results will usually be announced within two weeks upon receipt of the completed application.
- Contact Miss Kiwi Chan at email@example.com from SA
- Submit your proposal here
- Have progress meeting(s) with SA colleagues
- Implement the event
- All successful applications must submit the following documents within one month upon completion of the funded activity:
- Activity report with:
- Justifications on learning outcome(s) achieved.
- Financial statement with ORIGINAL receipts*. (Please stick all receipts on A4 papers and number the receipts following the order of particulars in the financial statement. Hard copies of the receipts should be submitted to the Office of SA)
- At least six photos show different elements of the activity.
- Copy of all promotional materials for the activity.
- List of participants, including their name and student ID.
- Activity report with:
- The following acknowledgement should be included in all promotional materials such as banners, posters, and booklet:
"The activity is sponsored by the funding of Global Engagement Squad (GES)".
- All expenses must be supported with true receipts to be eligible for reimbursement.
- All receipts must clearly indicate the company name, items incurred and the amount in HKD.
- The merchant must confirm receiving your payment by indicating ‘receipts’ or ‘received payments’.
- Hand-written receipts must carry the chop of the merchant.
- Invoices are NOT accepted for the purpose of reimbursement.
- Students should match their receipts with the items for the event involved.
- Please indicate the name and Student Identification Number on the back of the receipts.