Large Seminar Rooms
Large Seminar Rooms
(My Zone: AAB-402K; AAB-402L; AAB-402M)
Large seminar rooms are available for booking by departments or registered student organizations for holding workshops and large-scale seminars. Regular teaching/tutorial sessions should still be conducted in other venues.
Booking should comply with the guidelines of Office of Student Affairs (SA), Learning Commons, Venues and Facilities Booking System (VFBS). In order to facilitate a smooth operation, please take note on some important notes:
The availability of large seminar rooms follows the opening hours of Learning Commons.
- In general, the rooms are available for booking from 9 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. during weekdays when there is regular teaching in the first and second semesters (except public holidays); from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the class suspension periods.
- Bookings will be automatically cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted or Black Rainstorm Signal is in force.
Rules and regulations
Users must comply with all rules and regulations of the Learning Commons.
- Only light snacks and drinks similar to those provided by the vending machines in the Learning Commons are allowed. Other drinks should be kept in spill-proof containers with tight lids.
- Users will be held responsible for any damages or losses including fixtures and furniture during the period in use.
- Student organizations should also comply with the guidelines stipulated in the Manual for Student Activities as appropriate.
- Participants of activities must be eligible users of Learning Commons who use HKBU cards for access.
- The name list of external guest speakers, if applicable, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org 3 days in advance. For safety, guests should be accompanied by the staff or student in-charge and use the gate which is operated by the reception counter in Our Zone. Staff or student in-charge should not use individual’s HKBU card for guests’ entry and exit.
- Booking must be applied via the Venues and Facilities Booking System (VFBS) at least 7 days, but not more than 45 days, in advance. Please read VFBS’s guidelines before use.
- Student organizations should attach the Venue Reservation Proposal Form in the online booking. Incomplete submission will not be considered.
- Users may use the function of “Make Booking Request” to make a booking direct or the function of “Search Venues/Facilities Available for Booking” to locate the available venue(s)/facilities. More information of each room can be viewed by clicking the “i” icon in the details.
- To check the status of, modify submitted bookings, retrieve submitted bookings for making new booking requests or cancel submitted/approved bookings, users need to use the function of “Enquire Status of/Modify/Cancel Booking Request”.
- Up-to-date user particulars, contact person particulars (if different from user particulars) and booking details must clearly be stated in the booking submission.
- Users are reminded to avoid over-booking and release the reserved venues/facilities for other parties in case of cancellation of the event.
- Reservations from offices/departments shall be endorsed by Estates Office (EO) prior to the approval of SA.
- Sufficient booking time should be included in the booking session before and after the event for setting up and instantly returning the venue to its original setting.
- The audio-visual equipment installed in the large seminar rooms could only be operated by designated staff of Office of Information Technology (ITO). Please reserve the service in the booking.
Furniture and equipment must not be removed or relocated from the venue(s) without the prior consent of the Learning Commons. Any items moved must be restated to their original positions after use.
Users could request for other services from other supporting departments. Request forms could be achieved under “Request for Other Services”.
- Opening partition service and audiovisual service are available for requested in the online booking. Users should not move or operate the partition separating 402K & L and the audio-visual equipment in the racks.
- Offices/departments could reserve the moving service with the Estates Office (EO) to set up and return the venue to its original position within the booking time.
- Student organizations should return the venue to its original condition within the booking time.
Room check-in and check-out
- Users should arrive the reception counter in Our Zone to get the room key for access and return the key immediately.
- Users should inform the reception counter when they leave the room after use.
*Please note that a closed circuit television system is installed in the large seminar rooms.
For enquiries, please contact 3411-6480 or email to email@example.com.