Sanctions for Breach of Rules and Regulations
The Learning Commons strives to facilitate student learning through the provision of a user-friendly environment. To that a favourable atmosphere is maintained in the Learning Commons, users must observe all rules and regulations. Any breach of these rules and regulations may result in cancellation of bookings, and/or suspension of user privileges for access/booking of facilities.
- Users who fail to adhere to the rules and regulations will be issued a warning letter, specifying the misbehaviours involved.
- If a user is found to have misbehaved for a second time, they will be served with a suspension letter. He/she will not be allowed to access the Learning Commons (both AAB & FSC) for 14 days.
- If a user is found to have misbehaved for a third time, the privileges of the user will be suspended for one month.
- If the misbehavior continues thereafter, the case will be reported to the user’s Office/Department for record and/or to the Office of Student Affairs for disciplinary actions.
Misbehaviours include but not limited to:
- Borrowing or lending BUID card
- Eating and/or displaying food in the Learning Commons
- Any other improper behaviour causing annoyance / disturbance to other users
- Failing to wear face mask properly