Health protection measures
Additional measures to safeguard the health of the University community remain in force:
The staff of the Learning Commons and campus security reserve the right to patrol all areas. Those who have infringed the rules will be asked to leave the premises. Any breach of rules/regulations may lead to cancellation of bookings, and/or suspension of access/booking facilities.
- The use of the Learning Commons and its facilities and equipment is for studying and learning. Access is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Smoking and gambling are strictly prohibited.
- Staff of the Learning Commons or campus security shall have the final decision in the allocation of rooms/space/facilities should there be any dispute between users.
- Reservation of seats is not permitted. Please do not leave your personal belongings unattended. Staff of the Learning Commons or campus security reserves the right to remove any unattended items. The University will not be responsible for any loss or damage of personal property.
- The premises, including all equipment and furniture, must be kept clean. Furniture must be reinstated to its original position after use.
- Any damage/malfunction of furniture, equipment or fixtures should be reported immediately. In misuse or negligence cases, users will be liable for the cost of repair and/or replacement.
- Prior approval must be sought for use of photographic equipment such as cameras, audio and video players in the premises. Users must submit the completed Application Form at least five working days prior to the proposed filming date and comply with the Guidelines on Use of Photographic Equipment.
- During revision and examination periods, group study rooms and large seminar rooms may open for self-study.
- Staff of the Learning Commons or campus security reserves the right to patrol all areas including study rooms in use, and requests any persons present to provide identification. Those who have infringed the rules or interfered with the comfort or convenience of other users will be asked to leave the premises.
- Users must observe all rules and regulations. Any breach of rules/regulations may lead to cancellation of bookings, and/or suspension of access/booking facilities.