Who can be host families?
Our host families are volunteers who would like to receive non-local undergraduates to help them adapt to life in Hong Kong. You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a staff members of HKBU
- Belong to a recognized community organisation (e.g. churches, alumni association, etc.) and are recommended by your organisation.
What is the role of host families?
Host families serve as the non-local new students’ mentors. Their main role is to facilitate the non-local new students’ adaptation to life of Hong Kong through sharing and social interactions. During the programme period, each host family:
- Receives 1-3 Non-local unergraduate students (Mainland or overseas students).
- Arranges at least two social gatherings with the students such as home visit, sightseeing, hiking, etc. You can organise as many gatherings as you want. Nevertheless the Counselling and Development Centre does not offer any subsidy for your gatherings with students.
- Is not expected to provide accommodation to students.
Application Period: From May to August every year
Useful Information for Families