Cantonese Peer Tutoring Programme
01 JUN 2021 | 30 APR 2022
- The programme is divided into two phases:
- Phase 1
- Is conducted in September 2021.
- Includes a Cantonese pinyin lecture delivered by a lecturer of the Language Centre and three Cantonese lessons delivered by a Cantonese Peer Tutor. Each session lasts for two hours.
- Maintains a ratio between Peer Tutors and Tutees at around 1:10.
- Phase 2
- Is conducted in two rounds (October to December 2021; February to April 2022).
- Includes Cantonese learning activities in different formats, e.g. lunch gathering, tea gathering, city hunt, etc. Peer Tutors teaches Mainland Tutees to use Cantonese in daily life.
- Maintains a ratio between Peer Tutors and Tutees at around 1:3. (Limited quota for Mainland Tutees, first-come first-served)