Cantonese Interest Class II
|Course Title Cantonese Interest Class II||Total Course Hours 16 hrs (8 hrs lecture + 8 hrs practice)|
|Teachers Ms. Chan Chung Hay and Mr. Chan Yui Hing|
|Commencement Date 24 January 2018|
- Experienced language teachers teach pinyin.
- Mentors from local community support Mainland students to practice daily conversations in Cantonese in real-life settings with a ratio of 1 local mentor to 5 students.
- Practical contents include dining, numbers, public transportation, telephone conversations, asking for direction, etc.
After the course, students are able to
1. understand the Cantonese phonemes
2. understand simple Cantonese and speak some simple Cantonese words
50-80 students, ratio of 1 local mentor to 5 students
|Date:||24 January – 29 March 2018 (1 lesson per week, 8 lessons in total, no class on 14-22 February 2018)|
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm; 2:00 - 4:30pm (Monday to Friday, except public holiday)
Location: WLB403, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus, Hong Kong Baptist University