English Buddies Scheme
Responsibilities of an English Buddy
- Work closely with CC to design and organize activities, including seminars, workshops, support circles, clinics, etc., that enhance the English proficiency of HKBU students in career-related contexts.
- Be the facilitator to organize some practise sessions such as group discussions or mingling sessions within a small group of 4-5 students
Benefits that you will gain and achieve
- Undergo a three-day training conducted by our professional trainer, Mr Denis MilesVinall, Buckingham Academy, to enhance your English proficiency for FREE
- Get your confidence, presentation skills, public speaking skills improved
- Enhanced leadership, communication, and project management skills
- A regular paid job! ($50 per hour)
- Able to attend a three-day training course (online) on 26 February, 5 March and 12 March (Saturdays), 0930-1700
- Spare 5-10 hours per week for the project (you will get paid at an hourly rate of $50)
- Interested in organizing English enhancement activities for fellow schoolmates
- Language lovers who are interested in and able to promote English
- Be dedicated, proactive and eager to communicate and engage with other students
- Good team player with a proactive attitude
Application (Deadline: 20 February 2022)
Interested candidates have to submit the following items via https://hkbuhk.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5oodLKv8QYhnexo:
- your CV in English; and
- a YouTube link with a 2-minute video in English (a brief introduction of yourself and your plan to create an English speaking culture in the HKBU campus).
Selected candidates will be notified by email by 23 February 2022.
*due to the funding source, only UGC-funded students are eligible to join the English Buddies Scheme.
Enquiry: Ms. Angelina Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)