The Way To Success Workshops and Mentorship Programme (TWTS)
Ms. Mavis Mak, Career Development Officer
Tel No.:+852 3411 2321
Ms. Sharon Lee, Assistant Career Development Officer
Tel No.:+852 3411 5724
The Way To Success (TWTS) teaches students how to be successful leaders and focuses on students’ holistic development. Seasoned business executives and experts in international education collaborate to build the TWTS curriculum and teach TWTS courses, resulting in a program rich in practical experience, real-world professional skills and mentorship opportunities.
The program introduces students to the concepts of servanthood, integrity and soft skills leadership in both theory and practice. The curriculum focuses on the identification and integration of soft skills and how these can be utilized to impact the student personally and their spheres of influence.The senior professionals would share their successful story and inspire students in different ways. Students are therefore expected to prepare themselves better to achieve their personal and career goals.
The objectives of TWTS are:
- to equip students with better skills for achieving their personal goals;
- to enhance their soft skills for their future career development; and
- to inspire students’ personal and career aspiration from their lecturers/ mentors.
The programme included five modules delivered by six to seven experienced professionals as lecturers / mentors. It also included intensive group discussion, interactive activities and mentoring. Each module lasted for 3 hours and the trainings were held on five Saturdays. Below table lists the five-module training tailored to HKBU students.
The Way to Success (26 Oct 2019)
Trust and integrity (2 Nov 2019)
Servant Leadership (9 Nov 2019)
Life Management (16 Nov 2019)
Career Development (23 Nov 2019)
TWTS Speakers and Mentors 2018
The Way To Success course draws from a network of high qualified professionals. They do not only teach how to build a successful life, but model it. Academically trained and seasoned with real-world experience, our team of trainers bring a unique experience for students who will be inspired to think beyond themselves, cultivate empathy for others and develop an awareness of the needs of their greater community. In TWTS 2018, the speakers and mentors includes (but not limited to):
- Brenda CHAN
- Former Chief Talent Officer (TSL Group)
- Cecilia HO
- Head of Business Development (Non-‐Property -‐ Sun Hung Kai Properties
- Constance LOKE
- Former Principal (Haig Girls’ School – Singapore)
- David William YANG
- Founder (Green Earth Power Company Limited and ASEAN Green BIKE Company). Holder of US Patent and China Patent
- Jennifer LUKE
- Chief Corruption Prevention Officer (Independent Commission Against Corruption)
- Jenny YEUNG
- Senior Advisor (GRTalent); Gallup Certified Strengths Coach
- Jonathan WONG
- Director (Management Development Services Ltd); Senior Associate (Management Centre Europe); Managing Director (Team Altors Consultants)
- Kenneth WOO
- Part-time Professor, Institute of China Business (HKU); Executive Director (Wooken Investment Fund); Director & Executive Secretary (Give Back to Community); Former COO (SAP China); MD (GE Information Service).
- KK IP
- Director (GR Talent Consulting)
- Robert FONG
- Advisor Executive of Government Programs (IBM China/Hong Kong Limited); Vice Chairman (Digital, Information and Telecommunications Committee of Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce). Council of Hong Kong Computer Society, Hong Kong Information and Technology Federation
- Sheila CHUANG
- Honorary Treasurer (YMCA -‐ HK); Board Director (YMCA -‐ HK)
- Tiffany CHOW
- Head of Event Marketing, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea (Bloomberg LP)
- Trevor MAK
- Managing Director (Citi Bank)
- Vanessa LEE
- Director (China Renaissance)
- Veronica YEUNG
- Senior executive (Tertiary Education)
( Mentor list 2019 will be announced soon.)
All HKBU students are welcome.
20 UGC-funded Undergraduates
20 Taught Postgraduates
Upon completion of 4 or more workshops: 50% refund
Interested students should submit the online application (click here) on or before 27 September 2019. Selected applicants will be invited for an interview on 9 October 2019.