Cantonese Mentor for Undergraduate Freshmen
This programme is co-organised by AMHKY and MSSU. Mainland freshmen can learn Cantonese and socialise with local students outside the classroom setting through this programme.
There are 11 sections including 1 lecture on pinyin, 7 lessons (classroom learning) and 3 practicums (practice outside classroom in a real life situation). Local students are recruited as mentors. During the 3 practicums, mentors lead Mainland freshmen to practice daily dialogues in Cantonese through ice-breaking games, dinner gathering and city hunt.
Mentors are required to attend training, which will be provided by MSSU.
Application Period: August of every year
Activity Period: August to September
We are looking for passionate students to be Cantonese Mentor of the Mainland freshmen in 2018-19.
- UG students
- Fluent local Cantonese speakers
- Moderate level of Putonghua
- Passionate in helping Mainland students who want to learn Cantonese
● Lead the 3 Cantonese learning activities
● Meal subsidy @HK$50
● Teach 7 Cantonese lessons according to the provided teaching materials
● Remuneration at HK$120/lesson + HK$200 good attendance bonus will be provided
Selection date: 23, 25 April 2018
* Selected mentors are required to attend the training on 25 August 2018.
Programme Period: 27 August – 23 September 2018
Complete the online enrollment form on or before 20 April 2018.