The Hong Kong Jockey Club Striding On Scholarship - for new local entrants of 2023 intake (Deadline: 21 April 2023)
About the Hong Kong Jockey Club
Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society. The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust is one of the world’s top ten charity donors. Working with the Government, non-governmental organisations and community partners, the Club’s Charities Trust proactively seeks out the root causes of social issues, bringing multiple and cross-sectoral parties together to address them through innovative approaches.
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club Striding On Scholarship
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Striding On Scholarship aims to recognise students who have achieved excellence while demonstrating resilience and strength of mind to overcome adversities or challenges in life. These may include but are not limited to: challenges that arise from special education needs or other forms of disabilities, health needs, prejudices on account of the individual’s race, gender or religious beliefs, hardships of all types (financial or otherwise), or other extenuating personal or familial circumstances.
- Be a permanent resident of Hong Kong and studying in a local secondary school in Hong Kong at the time of application;
- Have a strong intention and likelihood to matriculate in a UGC-funded undergraduate programme at any one of the eight UGC-funded institutions or an undergraduate programme at the HKAPA for their first undergraduate degree;
- Demonstrate resilience and strength of mind to overcome adversity or challenges in life and achieve excellence; and
- Be taking their university-entrance public examination for the first time in the same academic year as the time of their application.
The selection of the recipient for the Striding On Scholarship will comprehensively evaluate:
- The excellence of the applicant’s achievements;
- The severity of the applicant’s adversities or challenges; and
- The applicant’s track record or aspirations for bringing positive impact to their community.
The scholarship supports students to pursue their undergraduate studies in Hong Kong:
- Full tuition fee, academic and living allowance for the entire normative duration of study towards an undergraduate degree programme
- Overseas learning subsidies
- Participation in the Hong Kong Jockey Club overseas leadership programme and other leadership support programmes
Interested students should apply to this scholarship before they enter university and in their last year of secondary school through principal nomination. Each secondary school in Hong Kong can nominate up to two students for this scholarship.
Interested parties should visit the scholarship website at https://jcscholarships.hk/en/scholarship/striding-on-scholarship. Applications must be submitted via the scholarship website by the application deadline.
*This scholarship is offered/awarded by an external party. SFA is only responsible for promoting it, but not involved in the selection process. Should you have any questions, please directly contact the Secretariat of Jockey Club Scholarships at +852 9782 8856 or by email to email@example.com.