Providence Foundation Bursary for Mainland Students 悟宿基金會內地生助學金 2023-24 (Deadline: 1 December 2023 @5:30pm)
The Bursary is established by Providence Foundation Limited to provide financial assistance to committed and financially needy Mainland students of Hong Kong Baptist University.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are a full-time undergraduate Mainland students (non-freshman studying in UGC-funded programmes) in the whole academic year 2023-24;
- are committed to your study;
- have attained a latest cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above and do not receive any admission scholarship or scholarship(s) with amount(s) equivalent to a full scholarship concurrently; and
- have genuine and proven financial need (annual family income at or below RMB 160,000*).
*Incomes include all incomes in any currencies, but not limited to full-time and part-time salary, freelance income, basic salary, bonus, rewards, commission, gratuity, alimony, rental income, monthly pension, social security/financial assistance from private or public fund, contributions from non-household relatives or friends, expenses paid by relatives or friends, business revenue, etc. If family rely on loans for living, please specify.
*Applicants with annual family income slightly over RMB160,000 may also be considered under special circumstances such as high medical expenses and heavy loans.
Amount and number of bursaries
- Each bursary ranges from HK$10,000 to HK$50,000.
- The amount of each bursary and the number of bursaries are based on factors such as the number of applications received, financial situation of applicants, funding available and donor's approval.
- No bursary will be allocated if there is no suitable candidate.
Please click here to download the application form.
Submit the signed application form together with all relevant supporting documents listed on the last page of the application form IN HARD COPY during opening hours [Mon-Fri (except public holidays), 9am-1pm and 2-5:30pm], to the Scholarships and Financial Aid Unit, Office of Student Affairs, Hong Kong Baptist University, WLB401, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus, 34 Renfrew Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. Please clip or bind your form and supporting documents to 1 set on the top left corner with a clip or treasury tag yourself first before you pay a visit. If you choose to deliver the application to us by post, make sure the package reaches us by the deadline and you have to bear the risk of postal loss.
Application deadline: 5:30pm on 1 December 2023 (Friday)
Make sure your application form and documents are clear and legible.
Application form with signature not signed by the applicant, incomplete application and late submission of the application form and/or supporting documents will not be considered.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Unit
Office of Student Affairs
Hong Kong Baptist University
Room WLB401, Level 4,
The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus
34 Renfrew Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong.
Telephone: 3411 5912 / 3411 2302