Providence Foundation Bursary for Mainland Students 悟宿基金會內地生助學金 2020-21 (Deadline: 30 Oct 2020)
The Bursary fund is established by Providence Foundation Limited to provide financial assistance to committed and financially needy Mainland students of Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Bursaries will be awarded to full-time undergraduate Mainland students (non-freshman and study in UGC-funded programmes) who have genuine and proven financial need (annual family income at or below RMB 160,000*), and who are committed to their study.
- The bursary recipients should have attained a latest cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above and do not receive any admission scholarship or scholarship(s) with amount(s) equivalent to a full scholarship concurrently.
*Incomes include all incomes in any currencies, but not limited to full-time and part-time salary, freelance income, basic salary, bonus, rewards, commission, gratuity, alimony, rental income, monthly pension, social security/financial assistance from private or public fund, contributions from non-household relatives or friends, expenses paid by relatives or friends, business revenue, etc. If family rely on loans for living, please specify.
*Applicants with annual family income over RMB160,000 may also be considered under special circumstances such as high medical expenses.
Amount and number of bursaries
- The amount allocated for each bursary ranges from HK$10,000 to HK$50,000.
- The amount of each bursary and the number of bursaries are based on the actual situation of application, available funding and donor's approval.
- No bursary would be allocated if there is no suitable candidate.
Please click here to download the application form.
Application deadline: 5:30pm on 30 October 2020 (Friday)
Submission method [Choose either ONE of the methods below and submit the form and all documents in ONE go]:
In hard copy:
Submit the signed application form (with all pages) together with all relevant supporting documents listed on the last page of the application form IN PERSON during opening hours [Mon-Fri (except public holidays), 9am-1pm and 2-5:30pm], to the Scholarships and Financial Aid Unit, Office of Student Affairs, WLB401, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus. Please staple or bind your form and supporting documents to 1 set on the top left corner with a clip or treasury tag yourself first before you pay a visit.
In soft copy:
1. Combine the signed application form (with all pages) and all relevant supporting documents listed on the last page of the application form in ONE PDF file, upload to google drive, grant the access right to email@example.com and share the link to us. Do not set the google drive link to be accessed by public.
2. Name your PDF file in the format of "Providence_cn_student ID_Eng full name" (e.g. Providence_cn_12121212_Chen Xiaoming)
Make sure your application form and documents are clear and legible.
Application form with signature not signed by the applicant, incomplete application and late submission of the application form and/or supporting documents will not be considered.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Unit
Office of Student Affairs
Hong Kong Baptist University
Room WLB401, Level 4,
The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies, Shaw Campus
Telephone: 3411 5912 / 3411 2302
Fax: 3411 2668