Innovation and Technology Scholarship (創新科技獎學金) 2024 (Deadline: 17 January 2024)
The Innovation and Technology Scholarship aims to provide recognition to outstanding undergraduates in universities in Hong Kong as well as opportunities of widening their international / Mainland exposure and gaining industry experience.
For 2024, 25 local non-final year undergraduates, to be nominated by the Presidents / Vice-Chancellors of local universities and selected by an Awardee Selection Committee, will each be awarded a scholarship of up to HKD150,000 for a series of learning programmes, including a) one or more Overseas / Mainland Attachment Programme between 1 June 2024 and 31 July 2025 (at least one of the trips must be longer than three weeks and at least one trip should be arranged to the Mainland); b) Mentorship Programme; c) Service Project Programme; d) Local Internship Programme (optional); and e) Ideations and Achievements Showcase (optional).
Please click here for the information sheet of the Scholarship or the scholarship website: https://innotechscholarship.hkfyg.org.hk/en/application-2-2-2/ for more details.
Online information session
Interested applicants are strongly recommended to join the online information session on 30 November (Thursday) 5-6pm. Please click here for the details of the information session.
The Scholarship is open to full-time non-final year undergraduates who meet the following criteria:
1. Being a Hong Kong Permanent Resident with the right of abode in Hong Kong;
2. Undertaking any degree at designated universities, but currently not in the final year;
3. Having a passion for and intention to pursue a career in innovation and technology; having innovative ideas that are aligned with any of the Scholarship’s “InnoTech Areas” as set out below:
- Life and Health Technology
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Sustainability and Green Technology
- Business and Financial Technology
- Multidisciplinary Technology and Others;
4. Preferably have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above;
5. Achieved a satisfactory result from any one of the English tests below:
- TOEFL# (Internet-based test)
- Minimum overall score: 90
- Scores for individual sections not lower than:
- Reading: 21 - Speaking: 21
- Listening: 22 - Writing: 17
- IELTS# (Academic Module)
- Overall band score: 6.5 or above
- Individual component scores not lower than:
- Speaking: 6 - Reading: 6
- Listening: 6 - Writing: 6
- HKDSE English Language Exam
- Level 4 or above
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Exam
- English A Language and Literature Standard Level: Grade 5 or above
- English A Language and Literature High Level: Grade 5 or above
- English B Standard Level: Grade 6 or above
- English B High Level: Grade 5 or above
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Exam
- IGCSE English as a Second Language 0511: Grade C
- IGCSE First Language English 0522: Grade D
These are irrespective of overseas universities’ requirements.
#Test must be taken on or since 5 February 2022.
6. Being well-rounded, having participated in extra-curricular and/ or community service activities;
7. Being able to display tremendous upside potential and benefit the most from the Scholarship;
8. Being willing to serve the community and having a strong commitment to Hong Kong;
9. Possesses good communication skills; and
10. Having not previously received this Scholarship.
HKBU applicants should complete an online application at https://www.jotform.com/92998336722471 on or before the application deadline 17 January 2024 (Wednesday).
An auto-email will be sent to the applicant upon successful form submission. If no auto-email is received within 15 minutes, your form submission may be unsuccessful and you should inform SFA immediately.
- All applicants will be categorised based on their selected “InnoTech Areas” throughout the whole selection process. Applicants should only opt for ONE designated “InnoTech Areas” when applying the Scholarship, which is non-changeable upon the nomination deadline.
- Applicants should work out their preferred packages for the Overseas / Mainland Attachment Programme with the assistance of their respective faculties and submit the proposed plans with the applications.
- Applicants with aspirations in creating original InnoTech ideations are highly appreciated. They are required to demonstrate their plan on utilising the Scholarship’s funding in developing and showcasing tech-related ideations during the selection process.
All applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel and up to 3 students in each designated “InnoTech Area” will be nominated. A maximum of 25 awardees will be selected from the six designated “InnoTech Areas”.
Shortlisted nominees will be invited to attend an interview by the Awardee Selection Committee in March or April 2024. Details will be sent to nominees through their respective universities. The interview is mandatory. The selection results will be announced in April 2024.
Note that this Scholarship requires open competition with students from other institutions. The award for HKBU students is not guaranteed.
Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
Faculty members are welcome to encourage eligible students to apply.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 3411 2311 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org