HSBC Hong Kong Scholarship 2017/18
HSBC has a long history of supporting educational activities and nurturing young people for the betterment of the community. For the 2017/18 academic year, HSBC is offering HSBC Hong Kong Scholarship, at HK$50,000 each, to up to six HKBU local full-time undergraduate students. Up to nine eligible candidates will be nominated for final selection by HSBC.
Application is now open to full-time undergraduate students who are enrolled in a UGC-funded degree programme, and who:
(1) are Hong Kong permanent residents with right of abode in Hong Kong (full disclosure regarding citizenship is required);
(2) are pursuing studies in disciplines under architecture, business and economics, communication, computer science/information systems, construction and land use, dentistry, design, education, engineering, health care, hotel and tourism, law, medicine, science (applied and basic), social sciences, textiles, arts subjects (linguistics & languages, translation, history, geography, fine arts & applied arts) and environment (UGC-funded programmes only);
(3) have attained a cumulative GPA score of 3.70 or above in the academic year 2016/2017 for non-first year students. First-year students should have attained a cumulative GPA score of 3.70 or above in the first semester of the academic year 2017/2018;
(Note that students who are top 3% of their class may also be considered. Although students may not know whether they belong to the top 3% of their class, they should submit their application first, and the Office of Student Affairs will verify whether an applicant is eligible to compete for the Scholarship, i.e., whether he/she belongs to the top 3% group, after the application closes.)
(4) are well-rounded, participating in extra-curricular and/or community service activities; and
(5) are committed to Hong Kong
Applicants with financial needs and/or disabilities would be considered first. Students who have been awarded the HSBC Hong Kong Scholarship in the past will not be considered and thus should NOT apply.
** According to the guidelines established by the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee, in order to allow more outstanding students to gain awards and recognition of their achievements, it is recommended that the maximum amount of scholarship a student can receive each year is HK$50,000. Hence, higher priority will be given to students who have not received a total scholarship amount of more than HK$50,000 in the 2017-18 academic year.
Please click here to download the application form. Completed application form together with a recommendation letter and copies of required supporting documents (certificates/proofs for participation in extra-curricular activities, community services, scholarships and awards) should be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs, WLB 401 (Rm 401, Level 4, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies), Shaw Campus, at or before 5:30pm on January 17, 2018 (Wednesday).
In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, such as extreme weather, that resulted in the sudden closure of SFA Counter on the day of the deadline, SFA will extend the deadline of application to 5:30pm of the following working day.
Copies of certificates, records on SURE, student development portfolio, letters, name cards, emails, magazines, webpages, newspaper clippings and/or other documents that have (1) your name, (2) the position held and (3) the organization namecan be used as the supporting documents for your activities/services. However, please highlight the relevant information. Note that activities/services listed on the form but without proofs will NOT be counted.
Partial submissions / late applications will NOT be considered. Also, application form with e-signature, scanned signature, typed signature, or signature not signed by applicant, and scanned or photocopy of application form will NOT be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an internal selection interview in late January or early February 2018 (It is a "MUST" to attend the interview in Hong Kong). Nominated students are also required to attend a panel interview arranged by HSBC during February-April 2018.
Note: Students who cannot attend the internal selection interview and/or the panel interview arranged by HSBC due to exchange/ placement/ internship should NOT apply.
Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
Faculty members are welcome to nominate eligible students to apply.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 3411 2307 or by email to email@example.com .