HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund 2017/18
Each year, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government offers scholarships to gifted and/or academically outstanding full-time undergraduate students studying in any discipline (UGC-funded programmes only) at the Hong Kong Baptist University. For 2017/18, the number of scholarships available for application are as follows:
- 4 scholarships for local students who are in Year-2 in 2017/18
- 1 scholarship for non-local Mainland students without admission scholarships who are in Year-2 in 2017/18
Each scholarship is valued at HK$40,000 per year for local students and HK$80,000 per year for non-local students. The scholarship is tenable for the entire normative study years of the recipient subject to satisfactory academic performance at the University (annual average GPA of 3.00 or above).
- Excellent academic performance achieved at HKBU (Cumulative GPA of 3.50 or above, achieved in Year 1 in 2016/17)
- Good communication skills and character;
- Leadership qualities as demonstrated in their involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or community services; and
- Contribution and commitment to the Hong Kong community.
** Students receiving the following scholarships in 2017/18, which are renewable subject to satisfactory academic performance, are NOT eligible to apply for the HKSAR Government Scholarship:
1. The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarship
2. Swire University Scholarship
3. Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers
4. Multi-faceted Excellence Scholarship
5. Mr. & Mrs. Franco Cutrupia Mainland Students Scholarship
6. Elizabeth Law Scholarship Fund for Mainland Students
7. Admission Scholarship Scheme for the Mainland Applicants
In addition, according to the guidelines established by the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee, in order to allow more outstanding students to gain awards and recognition of their achievements, it is recommended that the maximum amount of scholarship a student can receive each year is HK$50,000. Hence, higher priority will be given to students who have not received a total scholarship amount of more than HK$50,000 in the 2017-18 academic year.
Eligible students please click here to download the Application Form.
(This is a joint application form with The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) Scholarship. Please view the application eligibility of the HKJC Scholarship at https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/sfa/announcement/scholarships. Note that the requirements for the two scholarships are NOT the same.)
The completed application form together with relevant supporting documents (including examination certificate, unofficial academic transcripts, certificates of awards/scholarships obtained, documentary proof for participation in extra-curricular activities/volunteer/community services, etc.) should be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs, WLB 401 (Rm 401, Level 4, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies), Shaw Campus, at or before 5:30pm, September 29, 2017 (Friday).
In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, such as extreme weather, that resulted in the sudden closure of SFA Counter on the day of the deadline, SFA will extend the deadline of application to 5:30pm of the following working day.
Partial submissions / late applications will NOT be considered. Also, application form with e-signature or signature not signed by applicant, and scanned or photocopy of application form will NOT be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend an internal selection panel interview in mid-October 2017 (It is a "MUST" to attend the interview in Hong Kong).
Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
Faculty members are welcome to encourage eligible students to apply.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 3411 2307 or by email to email@example.com.