HKSAR Government Endeavour Merit Award 2021/22 (Deadline: 5:30pm of 28 January 2022)
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government has established the Endeavour Merit Award (EMA) to give recognition to deserving post-secondary students with special educational needs (SSEN) in the pursuit of excellence in academic and other areas.
For the 2021/22 academic year, up to 9 EMA of HK$15,000 each will be available for eligible HKBU students.
- Full-time HKBU students studying UGC-funded degree or above level programmes, registered with special educational needs
(i.e. physical disability, hearing impairment, visual impairment, speech and language impairment, visceral disability, specific learning disabilities, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, development coordination disorder, mental illness and chronic medical illness, etc.);
- A SSEN may only be awarded either the HKSAR Government Scholarship or the EMA in each academic year, but he/she may be awarded other scholarships/awards under the HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund, such as TDS and ROA in the same academic year.
- A SSEN may be awarded the EMA more than once throughout his/her studies, and each application shall be considered based on individual merit and against other applications received in that year.
- Applications will be assessed on the basis of the followings:
(i) Good academic standing: cGPA must be 2.50 or above after the first semester of 2021/22;
- For research postgraduate students, recommendation letters from their supervisors are required;
(ii) Outstanding record of local/global extra-curricular activities;
(iii) Active participation in community and voluntary services.
- Preference will be given to local students and eligible applicants who have never received EMA before.
- Please click here to complete the online Application Form at or before the application deadline 5:30pm of 28 January 2022 (Friday). Each student should submit the application form once only. Once the form is submitted, no modifications can be made.
(The form is a joint application form with the HKBU Alumni Gratitude Scholarship (AGS). Please view the application eligibility of AGS at https://sa.hkbu.edu.hk/sfa/announcement/hkbu-ags-2021. Eligible applicants will be considered for both EMA and AGS through one application.)
Upon form submission, an auto-email will be sent to the applicants. If no auto-email is received within 10 minutes, the form submission is unsuccessful and applicants should inform SFA immediately.
(2) After completing the online form, applicants should follow the instructions written in the auto-email to upload the required supporting documents (including documentary proofs for awards/scholarships obtained, documentary proofs for participation in extra-curricular activities/community services, most recent medical report, one recommendation letter from academic supervisors (for postgraduate applicants only), etc.) via our “Documents Upload Platform” at https://sfa.hkbu.edu.hk/supporting_docs/ (need to login with your SSOid). Please choose and click “HKBU Alumni Gratitude Scholarship (AGS) and HKSAR Government Endeavour Merit Award 2021/22” in the menu to upload the documents. We will NOT be able to receive your documents if you choose another scheme, so please click the scheme name carefully. The “Documents Upload Platform” will close automatically at 5:30pm of 28 January 2022 (Friday). We highly recommend you to upload your PDF file well before the deadline to avoid possible technical problems.
Online application without the submission of the documentary proofs will NOT be considered. Partial submissions / late applications will NOT be considered either.
(3) All applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel. The selection results will be announced in March/April 2022 upon EDB's approval.
Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
Faculty members are welcome to encourage eligible students to apply.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 3411 2307 / 3411 2311 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org