HKSAR Government Endeavour Merit Award 2020/21 (Deadline: 29 January 2021)
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government has established the Endeavour Merit Award (EMA) to give recognition to deserving post-secondary students with special educational needs (SSEN) in the pursuit of excellence in academic and other areas. SEN are as specified below:
* Specific learning disabilities
* Intellectual disabilities
* Autism spectrum disorders
* Attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder
* Physical disability
* Visual impairment
* Hearing impairment
* Speech and language impairment
* Others, including multiple types of disabilities, visceral disability, etc.
For the 2020/21 academic year, up to 13 EMA of HK$15,000 each will be available for eligible HKBU students.
1. Full-time HKBU students studying UGC-funded degree or above level programmes, registered with special educational needs (i.e. physical disability, hearing impairment, visual impairment, speech and language impairment, visceral disability, specific learning disabilities, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, development coordination disorder, mental illness and chronic medical illness, etc.);
2. A SSEN may only be awarded either the HKSAR Government Scholarship or the EMA in each academic year, but he/she may be awarded other scholarships/awards under the HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund, such as TDS and ROA in the same academic year.
3. A SSEN may be awarded the EMA more than once throughout his/her studies, and each application shall be considered based on individual merit and against other applications received in that year.
1. Applications will be assessed on the basis of the followings:
- Good academic standing: cGPA must be 2.50 or above after the first semester of 2020/21;
- For research postgraduate students, recommendation letters from their supervisors are required;
- Outstanding record of local/global extra-curricular activities;
- Active participation in community and voluntary services.
2. Preference will be given to local students and eligible applicants who have never received EMA before.
Please click here to complete the online Application Form. Each student should submit the application form once only. Once the form is submitted, no modifications can be made.
(The form is a joint application form with the HKBU Alumni Gratitude Scholarship (AGS). Please click here to view the application eligibility of AGS. Eligible applicants will be considered for both EMA and AGS through one application.)
Upon form submission, an auto-email will be sent to the applicants. If no auto-email is received within 10 minutes, the form submission is unsuccessful and applicants should inform SFA immediately.
Applicants should print out the auto-email and submit it together with copies of the required supporting documents (including documentary proofs for awards/scholarships obtained, documentary proofs for participation in extra-curricular activities/community services, most recent medical report, one recommendation letter from academic supervisors (for postgraduate applicants only), etc.) to the SFA Unit of Office of Student Affairs at WLB 401 (Rm 401, Level 4, The Wing Lung Bank Building for Business Studies), Shaw Campus, at or before 5:30pm of 29 January 2021 (Friday).
In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, such as extreme weather that resulted in the sudden closure of SFA Counter on the day of the deadline, SFA will extend the deadline of hard copy application form submission to 5:30pm of the following working day. However, the online application platform will close as scheduled, and no extension will be offered.
Online application without the submission of printed email or copies of supporting documents will NOT be considered. Submission by email/fax, partial or late submission will NOT be accepted.
All applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel. The selection results will be announced in March/April 2021 upon EDB's approval.
Please click here for general tips on completing scholarship application forms.
Faculty members are welcome to encourage eligible students to apply.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact us at 3411 2307 / 3411 2311 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org